Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Thankyou Posted Image

I cant seem to get anything done as i keep checking on here..

The wife as even had to make the tea tonight

Shouldn't she be making it every night..... Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone with photos of the flooding / rain / high seas today - would be great to see them & also feature them on other parts of Netweather (fully credited to the owners) :D

Posted

Shouldn't she be making it every night..... Posted Image

she does lol

She makes a mean broth..mean as in good :p

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Winds quite gusty here now. A couple of showers floating about otherwise its dry and partly sunny.

Posted

32 flood warnings now in force across England and Wales

http://www.environme...oods/31618.aspx

Also to note playing the NW RADAR loop for the past couple of hours, it looks like the 'pivot' has began, with the North Midlands and Derbyshire getting what's currently moving over Norwich and out across the North Sea.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

off to eat me chicken and yes the lady of the house will be washing up ,karin is a good person ,will catch up with you all later , some nice cumulonimbus out to my west ,cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just watched my local weather forecast and there is potential for another 20mm - 30mm tomorrow night widely across the West Country, so something to keep an eye on there, considering there are still places underwater now.

Also, looking like a Bristol Channel Streamer could set up tonight and tomorrow morning, so there is the possibility for a few more mm's from them.

Think I can safely say that despite a largely dry month up until yesterday, September is now going to turn out a wetter than average month here.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Steady moderate rain at present.

Looked at the gauge at 6.15pm and we'd had 27.1 mm since 10am.

Thought it might have been more as it's seemed so dismal all day.

Lots of floods about though in the fields and along the lanes.

Thankfully wind quite gentle.

Posted

Low currently centered in North Sea

Looks like deepening in the next 12 hours as it moves onshore around Newcastle

with Easterly gales over Scotland along with driving rain.

Posted

Well im totally disappointed from a south eastern point of view, we were promised torrential rainfall amounts from yesterday and this morning and heavy gusting winds today, we ended up with barely anything. The radar was showing heavy rain over us and all we got was short heavy bursts, and the max gust we have had after being forecast up to 70mph is about 40mph pushing it. Very tame indeed down south.

I guess I will have to look on to the next system. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Locally both the Clwyd and Clwyedog burst their banks this afternoon, causing 3-4 foot of flooding making some roads impassable. This is after around 45mm rain. The expected run-off and further forecast rain will make tomorrow even more interesting!

Posted

Well back from the washing up, she makes a mean broth but boy she dont half make a mess of the pan lol

still raining but no wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Still lashing it down here, 42mm for today

Posted

Well im totally disappointed from a south eastern point of view, we were promised torrential rainfall amounts from yesterday and this morning and heavy gusting winds today, we ended up with barely anything. The radar was showing heavy rain over us and all we got was short heavy bursts, and the max gust we have had after being forecast up to 70mph is about 40mph pushing it. Very tame indeed down south.

I guess I will have to look on to the next system. Posted Image

to be fair mate, we have still had a hell of a lot of rain and a forecast is an estimate of the weather's potential - not a promise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I can't really explain why but from memory of previous such deep LOWs there is always a large mostly dry area to the South of the LOW centre with the strong to gale force Westerly flow. If you look at the radar there are many showers, some thundery, in the English Channel and clipping the far SW and these will run along the South Coast/adjoining counties through the rest of today, overnight and into tomorrow.

I would expect there to be some developments up the Bristol Channel at some stage which may affect you Mike.

I see. I did notice a lot of the shower going ESE into the English Channel and France. Perhaps more showers will prevail when the low turns in a westerly direction and we get the SWerly wind setting in. There have been a few showers here this evening from what looks to be something resembling a Severn Streamer.