Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

Coast

Posted

There seems to be a clearly defined back edge to this system, I assume its now going to start to pivot round the low pressure center which will soon be over the Irish sea?

pressure still dropping here, but something strange with the radar not showing IoM coverage !

#missisleofman !

post-2911-0-21551900-1348493835_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A very day here, though it has brightened up in the last hour, though the wind has really began to intensify. Total Rainfall this yesterday at 11am is 46mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

20mm here and still raining heavily - the Met Office think the rain will last until 4pm tomorrow!

Posted

Wye Usk and Dyfi are very high

If anyone has any webcam links to rivers and streams anywhere in the UK not already on floodwarn, please message details to me so i can add them to share.

Edited by pyrotech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Well here IMBY it has been wet and damp all day so far but not really enough to warrant and amber alert...not really sure what to make of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Wind starting to whip up here ,although not strong, trees are still in full leaf . sun keeps popping out .a typical autumnal day at present . im fairly confident looking at latest charts data etc that there is plenty more rain to come down here when the low tracks back south .looking grim for folks under the wrap around with huge rainfall totals possible , the low could drop to 974 ish MB so some damaging winds can be expected . got woken this morning with rain pouring over gutter ,absolute torrential about 5AM . also a very active trough late wed /thurs could be the icing on our cake [KARIN] . i wish the met office would officially name low pres systems say LOW LEGRITTER/ OR LOW LIAM J .Or Frosty 039 ,thanks again to more technical minded posters who post info on all forums ,cheers Posted Image

• Like 1

An average wind speed of 47mph is being recorded in the English channel with gusts over 60mph at the moment. The Isle of Wight seems to be the windiest place on land at the moment as it records gusts of 52mph. Other places across Southern England are reporting gusts between 40 to 48mph. The wind is also starting to increase across North Eastern parts of England as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Well here IMBY it has been wet and damp all day so far but not really enough to warrant and amber alert...not really sure what to make of it!

Same here in Darlington yes its windy (nothing worse than we get every year) and no heavy rain (yet) like there getting further south and west

14.2mm of rain has fallen since midnight now

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Intense rainfall developing over the Lake District here due to the topography, this could become quite a serious situation. Ground is saturated already with lake & river levels rising.

post-9615-0-85809200-1348495507_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I find that astonishing - just shows how unpredictable the weather can be. Chris K can't be too far away from your location, and is practically underwater by the sounds of things.

Bish

Im probably approximately 20-25 miles SW of him I'm surprised that he didn't get as much rain, but I suppose depending where you live there will be local variations. 91mm of rain since yesterday lunchtime is certainly substantial for my area and surround sloping hills do not help. However, luckily water is subsiding this afternoon fairly quickly via the drainage ditches, taking it down to the River Severn Estuary. Some villages down in the Severn Vale still have pretty bad flooding though, with a guy from work just getting in after having 3 inches of water enter the ground floor of his home.
  • Like 1

Posted

There was always a degree of uncertainty with this event, which has been highlighted quite a few times - and I believe that still remains as the situation continues to unfold as this depression intensifies further and meanders around the UK.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Same here in Darlington yes its windy (nothing worse than we get every year) and no heavy rain (yet) like there getting further south and west

14.2mm of rain has fallen since midnight now

Don't get me wrong it is very wet and the rain has been steady, but no wind or torrential downpours yet here. It was pouring down early hours of this morning but apart from that nada. I did see somewhere that the NE though isn't supposed to be bad until later this eve / tomorrow?

There was always a degree of uncertainty with this event, which has been highlight quite a few times - and I believe that still remains as the situation continues to unfold as this depression continues to intensify and meander around the UK.

Yeah, was just thinking that but to be fair I think I may have been premature in my response, as I think the worst of the weather east of the Pennines here is for later tonight / tomorrow anyway..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's gone from a moderately-wet near calm situation to a raging hoolie, in five minutes!

Posted

An average wind speed of 47mph is being recorded in the English channel with gusts over 60mph at the moment. The Isle of Wight seems to be the windiest place on land at the moment as it records gusts of 52mph. Other places across Southern England are reporting gusts between 40 to 48mph. The wind is also starting to increase across North Eastern parts of England as well.

Wave heights in my part of the World are cranking up a bit too, above the storm threshold:

post-6667-0-49969700-1348495945_thumb.pn

http://www.channelcoast.org/data_management/real_time_data/charts/?chart=77

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

It's gone from a moderately-wet near calm situation to a raging hoolie, in five minutes!

Had a raging hoolie once, Doc gave me some cream.

I hope something happens here, Currently a little breezy and dry.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Afternoon everyone

well its certainly blowing a gale up here in the North East, Pressure has fallen since midnight was reading 1004.5 now reading 989.0 just over 15 mb since midnight thats 15 mb an hr , also so far i have accumulated 15.5mm rain so far here in North Kenton, 2 mm in the last hr , temperature just 9.5c

Posted

Yeah, was just thinking that but to be fair I think I may have been premature in my response, as I think the worst of the weather east of the Pennines here is for later tonight / tomorrow anyway..

I agree the worse of the weather was due to materialise during this afternoon/evening and into the night time period as the low deepens further and takes a turn back towards the W/NW.

It's looking pretty wet now over parts of the E/NE?

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted

Afternoon everyone

well its certainly blowing a gale up here in the North East, Pressure has fallen since midnight was reading 1004.5 now reading 989.0 just over 15 mb since midnight thats 15 mb an hr , also so far i have accumulated 15.5mm rain so far here in North Kenton, 2 mm in the last hr , temperature just 9.5c

Blowing a gale? I am in the west end mate and it is just a breeze here? Just shows what the locale does really for conditions..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Don't get me wrong it is very wet and the rain has been steady, but no wind or torrential downpours yet here. It was pouring down early hours of this morning but apart from that nada. I did see somewhere that the NE though isn't supposed to be bad until later this eve / tomorrow?

Looking at the radar it all seems to be moving this way slowly

Looking at the latest forecast the heaviest rain for our region looks like arriving between 21:00 and 03:00

• Like 1

Posted

Blowing a gale? I am in the west end mate and it is just a breeze here? Just shows what the locale does really for conditions..

Im not far from the airport, but will be over in Jarrow tonight

Posted

Im not far from the airport, but will be over in Jarrow tonight

I am at work in the Toon mate, and honestly it is just like a grey damp breezy day here, rain is pretty steady though.

Posted

I am at work in the Toon mate, and honestly it is just like a grey damp breezy day here, rain is pretty steady though.

And yet the Toon is only 10 min drive from me

Posted

the water in our basement is continuing to rise, now about 2 inches deep across the room - and we're on the TOP of a hill, who the hell knows what its like down the street! FML. latest gfs progs another 50-60mms of rain for us in the next two days...

Edited by ITSY

Posted

23mm here thus far, That's about a additional 2.5mm every passing hour averaging out the numbers, the LP is expected to swing into the Irish Sea by tomorrow afternoon so it won't be going much far north than it already is.