Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

Coast

Posted

Winds now beginning to pick up here in Perthshire but yet to see any rain of note. I think we are looking at the wee hours of the morning for the heavy rain and winds (Gusts in excess of 60mph).

Tayside Police have just issued a severe weather warning for this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The rain is going to have to go some to reach those totals of 50mm to 70mm in the north east by 18:00 tomorrow unless we get an almighty downpour we've had just 9.1mm in 12 hours here so far It seems as if all the heavy stuff has moved further west then first predicted

You don't have access to the latest rainfall radars?? I suggest you take a look!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

13mm so far - plenty more to come.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Have just been removing all the IT equipment from a top level floorplate at my work. The water is just dripping through literally everywhere. Good job the rain has stopped. Still, that floorplate won't be accessible for a very long time now.

Posted

Yeh I expect to see a red warning in a few places soon, I've already put one in place for my car park :p the winds however I have no idea when they will arrive properly because there going to be what causes the majority of flooding in my area.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Lashing down now here.

Rough wind too, but apples still hanging on bravely, as far as I can see.

Found the naming link from yesterday which COAST posted --

http://www.met.fu-berlin.de/adopt-a-vortex/tief2012/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Have you looked at the radar Gavin???!!!

Only the free one but that only goes up-to 12:45 at the moment so I have no idea who heavy it may become this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Suns coming out here (before the showers arrive) But the wind is really picking up now!

Had 36.6mm yesterday and a further 22.8mm this morning, most of that came during a torrential downpour. 50mm fell in a 24 hour period. Loving this weather! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The rains just getting heavier and heavier now with torrential bursts moving in along with strengthening winds but nothing overly windy just yet.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I think Karin's tail will whip around over us in the next few hours when wind speeds and gusts start kicking in:

Posted Image

She's going to get dizzy over the UK for a few days yet I think!

Posted Image

Posted

Only the free one but that only goes up-to 12:45 at the moment so I have no idea who heavy it may become this afternoon

Animating it will show you which direction it's all moving in!

Posted

Animating it will show you which direction it's all moving in!

Yes I've just animated it all moving west to east very slowly its coming by the looks of things

Posted

Oh well,

Maybe next time aye.

Nothing but a little light rain here ( Considering only last night we were due 60mm ) Probably had about 8mm

27.6mm now in total from this system in Swindon, not nearly as much as the 70mm expected overnight. In just a few hours it will have moved north and that will probaly be the end of it. Pressure slowly rising again.

So would you 2 have preferred your towns to have these scenes as posted from the Bristol area and repeated widely across Somerset ...

Quite a few of my friends on Facebook mentioning floods around Bristol. I've attached a few pictures!

Because had the whole system been perhaps 25 miles further East you would have had those rainfall totals.. Not a bad forecast last night

for such a volatile system to be approx 25 miles out!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well drizzle gave to moderate rain at seven and it's continued unabated since then taking the total from midnight to 34.6mm

So would you 2 have preferred your towns to have these scenes as posted from the Bristol area and repeated widely across Somerset ...

In some ways I would have liked it and in others not. I love extreme weather, so that's why I was excited for it. The obvious downside to it is property damage which is never a good thing. Also, before this system we had had less than 3mm of rain for September here, so some wet weather would have been welcomed.

Because had the whole system been perhaps 25 miles further East you would have had those rainfall totals.. Not a bad forecast last night

for such a volatile system to be approx 25 miles out!

I agree, the forcasts have been changing constantly throughut yesterday and today, I think that the forecast was pretty accurate, but I didn't realise how confined the worst of the weather would be.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

18.7mm so far since middnight, that takes me up to 1108mm so far this year....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Where's my 70 mph wind then ?? it's barely blowing enough to rustle the leaves on the tree's here ?? :-(

Posted

Where's my 70 mph wind then ?? it's barely blowing enough to rustle the leaves on the tree's here ?? :-(

Your to far south for the strongest winds the strong winds are further north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Your to far south for the strongest winds the strong winds are further north

Not according to the Met Office...were supposed to be getting Max Gusts of 70MPH here, they even have us under an Orange Warning for it !!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/

Edited by EML Network