Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keraunic

Ios 6 And Ipad.......don't Do It.

Yesterday, I upgraded my iPad 2 from IOS 5 to IOS 6. I regret it. It's rubbish and now I am finding it very difficult to change back. I've lost my YouTube app, the existing apps don't upgrade as easily and it's a nightmare I could well do without.

Now, to change back I have to log in to iTunes and that in its self is a pain. I'd forgotten my Apple I'd and requested a new pass word. Ok, fine; but I STILL can't log in as iTunes or Apple or whoever STILL won't recognise new pass word. Grrrr. It's so frustrating. Why do they make it so difficult?

So, if anyone can advise me as to an easier way, please do as I'm losing my patience. But if any one is considering upgrading to 6, my advice is....don't. Oh...and the maps are no different at all. RUBBISH!!!

I'm annoyed. :(

I went Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and won't be looking back!

I take it that I should leave my iPad with the current iOS it's running then?

Well, you can 'upgrade' to IOS 6 and give it a try- but back up your data first. And then, if you don't like 6 you can go back to 5. I don't know now if I can go back as I didn't do a back-up. But I'm phoning Apple Help and Support tomorrow to see if I can.

You might like it but the satellite maps are abysmal and cloudy and you can't see a thing. You will lose your YouTube app as 6 doesn't support that. That is replaced by a global clock. *go figure* :)

It's just awful and frankly I thought it was still in Beta to be honest it's that bad. But as I say, you may love it. Bit read up on it before you change and see what the general consensus of opinion is.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the warning. I'm not seeing anything on IOS6 that is enticing me to upgrade to be honest.

Install iOS 6 - it has many bug fixes and is A LOT faster. There's a minor network change too, if you were on T-Mobile (iPhone) it's been replace with EE (everyone everywhere), I did a speed test yesterday and got 6.11mb/s over the 3G. Amazing.

It's well worth the upgrade but for the sake of Keraunophile, here's how to downgrade:

1) Download iOS 5.1.1 http://techglobex.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/download-apple-ios-511-ipsw-firmware.html

2) Open up iTunes.

3) Click on your iPad, then (once the download has done) hold down shift and click restore.

4) Browse to your chosen firmware and click open.

iTunes will now restore your iPad to a firmware of your choice.

I don't advise it... just download the new YouTube app? It's better, and much quicker than the old one.

Sounds to me like you're just been picky!

Install iOS 6 - it has many bug fixes and is A LOT faster. There's a minor network change too, if you were on T-Mobile (iPhone) it's been replace with EE (everyone everywhere), I did a speed test yesterday and got 6.11mb/s over the 3G. Amazing.

It's well worth the upgrade but for the sake of Keraunophile, here's how to downgrade:

1) Download iOS 5.1.1 http://techglobex.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/download-apple-ios-511-ipsw-firmware.html

2) Open up iTunes.

3) Click on your iPad, then (once the download has done) hold down shift and click restore.

4) Browse to your chosen firmware and click open.

iTunes will now restore your iPad to a firmware of your choice.

I don't advise it... just download the new YouTube app? It's better, and much quicker than the old one.

Sounds to me like you're just been picky!

Picky!!! You wouldn't believe. :) But I guess I'll give it another chance and look at the YouTube app.

Cheers matey. :)

Since I updated my iPad I have had loads of problems with getting and staying on the Internet. Can have the laptop on at same time and it has no problems

Picky!!! You wouldn't believe. smile.png But I guess I'll give it another chance and look at the YouTube app.

Cheers matey. smile.png

No problem, what do you think of the YouTube app? I think it's much improved personally. :D

Since I updated my iPad I have had loads of problems with getting and staying on the Internet. Can have the laptop on at same time and it has no problems

Doesn't sound like a software problem Cakie, never heard of anything like that before.

Open up settings and turn on airplane mode for 10 seconds or so. Turn it back off and connect to your Wi-Fi. See if that sorts it. :)

No problem, what do you think of the YouTube app? I think it's much improved personally. :D

Doesn't sound like a software problem Cakie, never heard of anything like that before.

Open up settings and turn on airplane mode for 10 seconds or so. Turn it back off and connect to your Wi-Fi. See if that sorts it. :)

I've just downloaded it and its Ok. I'm gonna be picky again though.....I can only get portrait and not landscape mode. Oh we'll, I'll persevere with it. At least I have my favourites and my own downloaded vids back. :D â˜â˜â˜â˜â˜

I've just downloaded it and its Ok. I'm gonna be picky again though.....I can only get portrait and not landscape mode. Oh we'll, I'll persevere with it. At least I have my favourites and my own downloaded vids back. biggrin.png â˜â˜â˜â˜â˜

You can turn it by turning your device I'm sure? I can do it on the iPhone.

I have the same prob cant stay Internet.

I sure there will sort all the bugs out

The iPhone update seems to be causing problems for people as well, specifically duplicate text messages being sent out to people other than the intended recipients.

Still debating whether or not I should install iOS6 onto my iPad, some of my friends have been having trouble but mainly with with iPhones really. Might wait a while until the bugs are fixed :D