Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

The Championship 2012-date

Heady days at the Amex. The Seagulls are top at the moment. Awaiting the bubble to burst.

Watched some of the Birmingham v Barnsley game last night, yes Birmingham did have 10 men for most of the second half but some of their defending was an absolute joke!

Ah, I never thought I'd find a topic about REAL football on Netweather....

Unfortunately our match tommorow evening with Huddersfield may be very weather influenced!!!!

However, we should be able to overcome our former managers newbies to the division, even if Keith Southern begs to differ.

this could be a really open Championship this year, with at least 10 or 11 clubs in with a good shout

Shame Bristol city lost to Leeds..Another 2 players injured..Thats 4 in the last 2 games...Got to play Millwall on Tuesday..I Hope they can come up with a team...

Well Done The Mighty Eagles!! Manager walks out. Tough battle against Barnsley, come away with a point. :)

Great game between Brighton and Leeds tonight that he Seagulls should have won. Just to say I think Lee Mason had another good game. Pity Brighton didn't have Norman Hunter in defence as that annoying little man Diouf would probably have ended half way to Hove.

Bristol City 1 Blackpool 1...City still bottom....

Finally stopped their succession of defeats then! :p

Got Danny Wilson from Liverpool for 3 months ,,,Might add a point or 2.....

Well,at least Bristol City won today Middlesbourgh 1 Bristol City 3

I have plenty of friends & work colleagues who support Bristol City & they really haven't had much to cheer about lately.

Worrying times for them, they need to change quickly otherwise I fear they will have too much to do come the new year.

I have plenty of friends & work colleagues who support Bristol City & they really haven't had much to cheer about lately.

Worrying times for them, they need to change quickly otherwise I fear they will have too much to do come the new year.

They should feel at home next weekend then, when they visit my club. :(

They should feel at home next weekend then, when they visit my club. Posted Image

and mine, fellow owl Posted Image

Massive game for us. A win will let us take massive confidence on to Barnsley

Sheffield Wednesday 2 ....BRISTOL CITY 3....Out of the bottom 3 with a needed win....

Anyone mind if I hijack this bristol city thread? Another 3 points today for Cardiff city and I know we've been here before but I'm seriously thinking this will be our season. There is something different this time around, better strength in depth, a squad of players rather than egos and we are top goalscorers in the league but our top scorer only has 7 goals (everyone is getting in on the act).

After losing at home to Peterborough (a team way below their level and probably the best team I've seen this season) we in previous season would have gone on a run of losing games but we have come back with a magnificent win at Leicester and a great battling performance at home to palace. We are beating our rivals which at this level is huge!!

There is a long way to go but with Malky Mackay at the helm we are keeping our feet on the ground, and with our owners willing to back us I really think will will do it this season(and I'm the most pessimistic of supporters).

I've probably blown it for us now but I think there is more chance of us making the premier league than a sustained easterly developing this winter!!!!

But if they go up its the correct decision.

Look at Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday last season. Sacked the managers despite doing well and then went up.

Henning Berg has been sacked as Blackburn manager after just 10 matches and 57 days in charge. Rovers have won just once since Berg took over from Steve Kean, a run of form that has seen them slide down to 17th in the Championship table. The 1-0 defeat to Middlesbrough on Boxing Day - a fifth loss in their last six games - was the final straw for the club's Indian owners, who have also dismissed assistant boss Eric Black and two other coaches.

A club statement read: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect. "This decision has been taken following a very disappointing sequence of results.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8362924/Blackburn-sack-Henning-Berg-after-10-matches-in-charge

Bristol City 4....Peterborough 2...Nice to see the goals but not the position that Bristol City are in...

I bet Udders were a bit bemused as to why Wednesday were allowed to play 74 minutes with 11 men when it should have been ten.

Also what do the other officials do at a game. They should have known it was a red or not.