Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Very Odd Sighting!

Staffordshire

Posted

Many reports on my facebook of a bright light speeding through the sky and just 'breaking up' any explanations im intruiged! it was a green light with flames at the back a friend is telling me!

I have many many different reports, however cant garantee all are 100%!

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yes, relatives in Scotland say they saw the exact same thing. Saw nothing myself as I was not paying attention,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

As posted in my status update, around 15 minutes ago I saw a bright blue white light appear low in the eastern sky, it passed rapidly to my north (heading westwards) and turned yellow trailing material that looked to be on fire whilst the main fireball descended....My first thought is that it was an airliner crashing, but considering Marcus-Surfer down in Swansea saw the same thing, I can only guess it was a large meteor burning up in the upper atmosphere, although it seemed to be moving much slower than a 'shooting star'...Well, one of the damndest things I've ever seen!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep...check my status and new thread in the science thread.....one of the oddest things I've ever seen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just brilliant... Looked out of the window at the right time. Lots of people on twitter saying the same thing. Looked like an aircraft at first with white light then it became broken and red and became many fireballs that were moving slowly across the sky, it lasted about 8 seconds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yup I missed it too, I always miss things like this - mysterious fireballs, meteors, auroras.. lol

Posted

Pic here, not mine (twitter)

FIREBALL pic.twitter.com/NbQxEcio

— StefanJB (@Stef95AFC)

September 21, 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Reports here in North West Wales as well, people thinking that the world is going to end on Facebook...mwhaha!

Posted

Here's a better photo

post-8771-0-06437100-1348266320_thumb.jp

Also not taken by me, just search meteor on twitter there's quite a few now smile.png

Edit: Never mind just searched meteor on google images to double check if it was fake or not, it's on google images... Damn twitter! haha

Edited by Andy163

Posted

Here's a better photo

post-8771-0-06437100-1348266320_thumb.jp

Also not taken by me, just search meteor on twitter there's quite a few now smile.png

Edit: Never mind just searched meteor on google images to double check if it was fake or not, it's on google images... Damn twitter! haha

It looked better than that though with a massive fireball trail!

Posted

threads now merged, cheers Mods smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Looked very impressive but only caught the last bit.

Edited by Chris K

Posted

ok, now it's getting a little bit odd.....my son phoned me around 15 mins ago talking about the fireball, and midway through the conversation I saw a faint blue flash way out to my WNW.....I thought maybe distant lightning, but we have clear skies and no signs of any storm activity near the UK.....odd indeed

Posted

ok, now it's getting a little bit odd.....my son phoned me around 15 mins ago talking about the fireball, and midway through the conversation I saw a faint blue flash way out to my WNW.....I thought maybe distant lightning, but we have clear skies and no signs of any storm activity near the UK.....odd indeed

right my blind is now up! Haha im excited!

Posted

up on youtube now...

Posted

505281188493617.jpg

The Eve Of The War

Journalist: No one would have believed, in the last years of the nineteenth century that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us.

At midnight on the twelfth of August, a huge mass of luminous gas erupted from Mars and sped towards Earth. Across two hundred million miles of void, invisibly hurtling towards us were the first of the missiles that were to bring so much calamity to Earth. As I watched, there was another jet of gas. It was another missile starting on its way.

And that’s how it was for the next ten nights. A flare, spurting out from Mars – bright green, drawing a green mist behind it – a beautiful, but somehow disturbing sight. Ogilvy the astronomer, assured me we were in no danger. He was convinced that there could be no living thing on that remote forbidding planet.....

Posted

What are the chances! Just been outside getting some shots of the stars, playing around with settings on the camera. Just pressed the shutter for a 20 second exposure when it suddenly when very bright, looked up thinking it was a firework but it was completely silent. Happened to get it perfectly framed in my shot, cannot believe the timing!

About a minute later there was two loud rumbles, like an explosion, was that it crash landing?!

Cant remember how to post pics, anyone help?