Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Summer Sun

Jake Humphrey To Leave Bbc Sport

TV sports broadcaster Jake Humphrey is to be the face of BT’s Barclays Premier League football coverage.

Jake, 33, who fronted some of the BBC’s European Championships football coverage from Poland and Ukraine this summer, will be the studio anchor of BT Vision’s Barclays Premier League programming from the start of the 2013/14 season.

During ten years with the BBC, he has fronted Formula One coverage, the London 2012 Olympics for BBC1 and BBC3 and co-hosted the BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Speaking about his new role, Jake said: “I’m incredibly excited to be joining the team at BT not just because I get to fulfill a lifelong dream of presenting the Barclays Premier League but because of the fresh perspective that BT will bring to both sport and broadcasting in this country.â€

In June we announced that BT has won the rights to show 38 live games a season for three Premier League seasons, including 18 of the best quality ‘first pick’ games – the first time anyone but Sky has won any of the prime live Premier League matches.

http://www.btlife.bt.com/entertainment/jake-humphrey-to-be-the-face-of-bts-premier-league-football/

One of the reasons why he has also left the F1 coverage is his wife is expecting there first child and understandably he wants to be closer to home rather than going around the world every other week

This will be a loss for BBC F1 but I can understand his reasons

Was a great presenter for BBC F1, will be missed sorely. A boost for Bt who i thought wanted to try and get Gary Lineker a few weeks back.

Ah :/ was hoping he would replace Lazenby at Sky F1, he's useless.

Really enjoyed Jake, Eddie and David's presenting in BBC F1, even this year when they've broadcasted half the live races.

Was a great presenter for BBC F1, will be missed sorely. A boost for Bt who i thought wanted to try and get Gary Lineker a few weeks back.

I can only thing Garry's demands were to much for BT if of course they were in talks

The BBC now have a story on Jake's departure

BBC presenter Jake Humphrey has announced he is to leave the corporation to host BT Vision's Premier League coverage.

BT will launch a new channel after acquiring the rights to £738m worth of Premier League football, starting from the 2013-14 season.

The 33-year-old, best known for hosting the BBC's Formula 1 coverage, will anchor the new channel's live football coverage from next season which includes 38 live games a season over three years.

He will continue to present the BBC's F1 coverage for the remainder of the current season.

Humphrey started his career on CBBC and went on to become the youngest host of Football Focus, Match of the Day and Final Score and was one of the main broadcasters during the London 2012 Olympics.

"I'm incredibly excited to be joining the team at BT, not just because I get to fulfill a lifelong dream of presenting the Premier League but because of the fresh perspective that BT will bring to both sport and broadcasting in this country," said Humphrey.

A BBC statement read: "We'd like to wish Jake all the best for the future, and thank him for his contribution to the BBC over the last 10 years."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19635534

They need to bring back Brian Moore and David Coleman if you ask me.

Who's Jake Humphrey?

I think a sport presenter or anchor should at least have been involved with that sport in some capacity that they are presenting. I mean Gary Lineker anchoring the Open golf on those occasions was just ridiculous. I have no idea why Hazel Irvine anchors the snooker, why can't a former snooker player do it? John Parrott seems capable enough, he is out of a job on the horse racing side of it soon when racing goes to Channel 4 completely.

Who's Jake Humphrey?

He's not Gary Lineker - that's good enough for me!

John Parrott seems capable enough, he is out of a job on the horse racing side of it soon when racing goes to Channel 4 completely.

And they have Claire. Nough said.