Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blizzardmanuk

Great North Run/great South Run

On Sunday 16th September and Sunday 28th October 2012, I will be power walking my way round the Bupa Great North Run and Bupa Great South Run respectively. This is my first time taking part in both events. I will be supporting the Multiple Sclerosis Society as my mother-in-law has struggled with multiple sclerosis most of her life.

I do not have a particular goal on how much money I would like to raise; however I would like to try and give the charity all the support I can. Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor me and donations will be quickly processed and passed to the MS Society. Virgin Money Giving is a non for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.

Details on how to make your contribution are found via the following internet link:

http://uk.virginmone...m/DrRichardWild

With reference to the Great North Run, I will be taking part in fancy dress; as a tiger to represent 'Tigger' so to match the MS Society colours. The Great North Run is the sixth official half marathon I have entered to date. I hope to complete the course in approximately 3 hours, based on my current fitness and recent achievement in the Silverstone Half Marathon on the 11 March 2012 and the London Marathon on the 23 April 2012.

Thank you in anticipation

Richard

It would be a hoot to see a tiger pic! Hope you managed to finish within 3 hours too!

Always thought long distance running was something the medical profession thought was an unwise pasttime, due to damage of joints..especially the knees? That's what stopped me, buggering up my left knee.