Cold?
IGNORED

Have You Turned Your Heating On Yet ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Usually I can hang on till October, but feels chilly so its gone on. sorry.gif

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Im planning on not turning mine on until the 1st of November, When snowmagedon arrives smiliz39.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Don't turn my heating on until October usually.

If the ECM proves correct, my heating will be going on next week!!!

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted

Usually I can hang on till October, but feels chilly so its gone on. sorry.gif

Goodness it's only 3 days since mid 20s temps, has your house lost the warmth already!?

Even though today hasn't exceeded 16.6c outside, our lounge (on the Northern side of the house) is still very comfortable at 21.2c this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Not yet although came close in late August. Currently 18c in here which is fine having just cycled 5 miles but in a hour or two things might be different!

Thing is if I don't heat a little come morning the upstairs windows will be dripping in condensation. But first the boiler needs looking at as it won't start reliably. Fun fun fun...

Goodness it's only 3 days since mid 20s temps, has your house lost the warmth already!?

Even though today hasn't exceeded 16.6c outside, our lounge (on the Northern side of the house) is still very comfortable at 21.2c this evening.

21.2! You lucky one - my place didn't exceed that during all of last weekend! But that's cause we weren't home to open the windows to let the warm in so sadly it missed its 'charge'. Only sun between 0930 and 1200 will warm it now - or temps 21c+ outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Mine is programmed to kick in if the evening indoor temperature falls below 18c. It's come on this evening for the first time since early July.

Posted

No heating on here yet. I ve still got 2 windows open upstairs. the heating will come on automatically when room temp drops below 16C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I haven't, but my house mate has, does that count?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Mine is programmed to kick in if the evening indoor temperature falls below 18c. It's come on this evening for the first time since early July.

And there was me thinking you liked the cold! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Normally I prefer to adopt my dad's solution of sticking another jumper on, but with an 8 month pregnant wife and a 14 month old in the house, it might have to go on soon.

Posted

OK done it - gas fire is on just to take the chill off a bit. My own presence warmed the place to 18.4c which ain't warm enough to sit in. Will leave main heating off for now as it looks to be getting less chilly in the coming days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Yep the heating is on right now, it's 21.0c in my room! But I'l have to open a window to cool it down before I go to sleep. Only 9.7c outside...

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Came on this morning for 30 minutes as the bathroom is out the back and is single skinned and I'm a soft southerner.

Still the towel was nice and warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Normally I prefer to adopt my dad's solution of sticking another jumper on, but with an 8 month pregnant wife and a 14 month old in the house, it might have to go on soon.

Getting a jumper on would involve a walk upstairs.

It was only on 30 mins, off now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still resisting to turn on heating, few more weeks I guess. Won't be long until the new windows will be fitted :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The heating has been on once in August (we even turned the fire on one morning), but we haven't really turned it on at all. It gets far too warm in our house far too quickly and I end up getting a headache. I'd rather feel slightly cool to be honest.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

And there was me thinking you liked the cold! laugh.png

18c is the 'compromise temperature', Botty, between myself and dear Mrs Terminal who seems to think that any indoor temperature below about 25c is' freezing'

Posted

18c is the 'compromise temperature', Botty, between myself and dear Mrs Terminal who seems to think that any indoor temperature below about 25c is' freezing'

Woa and there was me thinking I had some 'lively' debates about temperature with the other half... Must be enough contrast there to set off some very lively 'storms'!

Posted

Woa and there was me thinking I had some 'lively' debates about temperature with the other half... Must be enough contrast there to set off some very lively 'storms'!

Yes indeed. The most active 'discussion' season tend to be around this time of year, or in late Spring, when it's slightly too warm for the central heating to kick in but cooling down outdoors.

Then there's the controversy over winter duvet or summer duvet. I'm just about holding my ground on that one but under mounting pressure from Mrs T who's desperate to break out the winter duvet, and is currently sleeping under the summer one but with a thick blanket over it on her half of the bed.

Strangely though the tables are turned when it comes to leaving the kitchen door open to let out the cats. I open the door and if the cat(s) don't go out within 30 seconds or so it's closed again until they make up their minds. Mrs Terminal however is quite happy to leave the door wide open for minutes at a time on very cool and windy mornings 'to let them decide', all the time complaining that 'it's absolutely freezing in here and we should have the fire on'

Posted

It hasn't turned to minus figures overnight yet.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not yet...the boiler hasn't been serviced *note to self - book this*

..............but last night I filled the fire place with candles which gave the room a lovely warm glow !