Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Arctic Ice Discussion (the Refreeze 2012-2013)

pottyprof

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I think he may be saying that if you take the last 30 years and average them, you find the average is slap bang in the middle :-)

In need. and I'm not sure why its hard to get ,,,,,,,,,,and is 5% under the mean 'well below the average'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

In need of something all right. Grammar, punctuation and coherence would be at the top of my list.

OK lets keep it really simple..... ______________While total extent was not at record low, it remained well below average through March_____________ now lets see, 5% below a 30 year average associated with words like 'record low' , 'well below average' ,. No its 5% below a 30 year average that's all. The rest is Spin if you don't 'see it' that's fine. Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

OK lets keep it really simple..... ______________While total extent was not at record low, it remained well below average through March_____________ now lets see, 5% below a 30 year average associated with words like 'record low' , 'well below average' ,. No its 5% below a 30 year average that's all. The rest is Spin if you don't 'see it' that's fine.

This is a bit ridiculous Stew, there's no spin going on.

The March extent was not average compared to the last 30 year as you stated earlier, besides, they use 79-00 as the baseline. Just because 5% seems like a small number to you, doesn't mean it's unimportant. It was enough to make the month 5th lowest on record.

If you think about it, the March CET was only 1.4% below average, compared to absolute zero. Your not accusing people of spin for getting excited about that are you?

Conspiracies, bias and spin seems to be your theme lately.

Posted

Stewfox

I also tried to make a point about the irrationality of the statistical approach of some members who post regularly on this forum, but it is futile.

It ended up with some posts being removed by mods but that simply leaves one side of the conversation, so I fear you are wasting your time.

Kind regards,

Loafer

OK lets keep it really simple..... ______________While total extent was not at record low, it remained well below average through March_____________ now lets see, 5% below a 30 year average associated with words like 'record low' , 'well below average' ,. No its 5% below a 30 year average that's all. The rest is Spin if you don't 'see it' that's fine.

*sigh* Well, I asked for punctuation and Jesus tapdancing Christ did I get it.