Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Better day here today. A bit blustery but good sunny spells.

Have included a link to Matt Hugo's winter 12/13 thoughts and analysis (not a forecast) Explained in one piece in a simple fashion for those of us who are still learning. (or, in my case, THICK )

http://matthugo.word...ughts-analysis/

If that's the simple version, I must be off the bottom of the scale, lo estupidissimo. Anyone care to write a two sentence summary for los estupidos?

8C now, cloudy, Supposedly slightly cooler each successive night for the next few but it's rare to get a frost here this early.

Posted

Was going to flog the ol Subaru all wheel drive, for miserly puddle jumper but sod it we're through the MOT a few weeks ago, spring might be a better time to part with the ol Forester amazing machines in the snow and I have a feeling that's going to come in handy this winter, what do you think stick or twist.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Anyone care to write a two sentence summary for los estupidos?

Winter tyres.

stick or twist.

Stick.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Only dropped to 5.3oc here last night. Thought we would have dropped lower. Nice fresh day here sitting at 11.oC. Wind between 15/20 from the NW.

Posted

Aye, another generally sunny day although a tad on the chilly side.

Sun is helping my lawn repair to come on well thankfully. Looks green increasingly!

Posted

Drove to Campbeltown and back today, sunshine and loads of showers all day. Head gone, need cool space to rest brain and eyes.

Winter tyres, check.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

2'C in the garden as I head off to bed, another cold night and perhaps a frost over night, I'll see in the morning - really beginning to feel the cling of autumn and winter out there :)

Posted

7.9oC overnight. 9.9oC at the moment with mist and drizzle and flat calm. Not a very inspiring day.

post-1989-0-76977700-1348123963.txt

Posted

Dreich.

Today's forecast:

10:00 w12.gif

13:00 w15.gif

16:00 w15.gif

19:00 w15.gif

22:00 w15.gif

Guess that'll be a rather wet day then.

On a kilted lighter note, this is quite funny.

BBC News Scotlandshire

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

A cool dewy morning with a distinct change of season feel. Where's that camera...?

Lochgelly (north) looking towards Benarty hill, (one of the Lomonds.)

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Ayrshire at a standstill all route in out of ayr closed or severe delays . I came down m77 AT 9 AMAND JUST MADE IT THROUGH NOT STOPPED RAING .................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nothing inspiring to write about today at all.. Just Rotten weather.. persistent, not the misty drizzle stuff, lumpy, cold, rain..

At the least it gave the Sat Rep guys the chance to use every symbol available for the 15:00 forecast.

post-7292-0-74170300-1348165011_thumb.pn

Our current band of gloom sandwiched neatly across the country.. If you are starved of Winter Banter have a look at the general Winter thread, already it has reached epic proportions for September.. good fun to see the level of excitement building.

Posted

It was horrible earlier with constant, heavy, cold rainfall and cold temperatures too. A bit better now, much drier, quite cool and interesting sky with a kind of pink colour to the clouds.

Posted

Been raining here since some point before I got up this morning and it's still raining. Even heavier now too.

Radar suggests it's now heading for the border though.

Was tempted to go out earlier and put some fairy liquid on the cars. Save me the bother of washing them this weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Skies clearing here now after a cool and much wetter day than was forecast. Rain was a good few miles further North than all forecasts up until this morning had it. Just scraped 10c this morning in a brighter interlude.

Posted

Been a cracking day around the firth today, lengthy sunny spells, barely any showers and still not cold - although not quite t-shirt weather any more. Should I duck now?

Posted

Been a cracking day around the firth today, lengthy sunny spells, barely any showers and still not cold - although not quite t-shirt weather any more. Should I duck now?

Oh what a good idea......12 hours rain here which got heavier as the day progressed. Next 3 look good though.

Posted

Snap, baled/wrapped some great second cut silage pm, cow calved am, calf bounced round the field in the sunshine in the afternoon load of grain off in the afternoon sunshine,and finally we shifted cows and calves in the sunshine. Cool and starry tonight,currently 6c,

Posted

WET, WET and yet more WETNESS! Stopped finally around 7pm with clear skies to the West. Lots of roads just passable round here, and Bonny Community Centre car park a swimming pool. Forecast to drop around 0C tonight.

Posted

Netweather forecast is suggesting 87mm or rain for my area during monday!!!mega_shok.gif Certainly hope that changes before then! That's not all though, if you take into account when the rain starts on sunday night, and when it finishes on the early hours of tuesday morning, then it gives a grand total of nearly 100mm! I know it should be taken with a pinch of salt 4 days out but that would cause absolute chaos! It would certainly be welcomed as 1 meter + of snow in december though good.gif

Posted

Oh what a good idea......12 hours rain here which got heavier as the day progressed. Next 3 look good though.

I ducked just as you threw the virtual potting shed. I'm still getting raspberries in the woods and blackberries are slowly ripening now too. No sloes to speak of. Enough Victoria plums on the tree to make a small crumble this weekend. Today's big prize was a patch of freshly grown chanterelles - venison wellington coming up at the weekend I reckon.