Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Got sleeted on rather heavily early afternoon on Affric hills above about 700m. Cold & wet misery.

No that begs a question...rofl.gif

Posted

Nice morning, lovely sunset but a bit of rain this afternoon. Smelled like autumn this evening too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

No that begs a question...rofl.gif

I do these things to pay the mortgage - it's a long time since I went up a hill for fun other than on a sunny summer's day!blink.pngph34r.pngunsure.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Nice and warm when the sun shone today. So lovely to see some sun :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

What a shame, the demise of another local dialect. http://www.bbc.co.uk...slands-19802616

I thought HC spoke this dialect; based on some of his late night posts anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

A rather mucky day today. Autumn is well and truly set in stone now anyway! 9c currently and very dull. A brief respite from the rain makes a nice change though! It's pretty quiet in this part of the forum these days! Where are you all hiding? blum.gif

Kidnapped and taken prisoner down south where there isn't any weather. Still watch the west of Scotland weather forecasts, still worry that my house has kept hold of the roof and still miss the first sightings of white on the mountains. And family, and friends and, after weeks of constantly well-behaved and benignly sunny weather, even vicious horizontal rain hurling itself at our home with the vengeance of the Furies....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Afternoon! Today has been one of those days were it looks alright out the window - yet every time I take one step outside I get rained on. Suddenly feels a bit chillier in the past hour - don't know if the temp has dipped or I have!

Any chance of frost the next few mornings?

A rather mucky day today. Autumn is well and truly set in stone now anyway! 9c currently and very dull. A brief respite from the rain makes a nice change though! It's pretty quiet in this part of the forum these days! Where are you all hiding? blum.gif

We're all lurking, waiting for the first hint of anything interesting to bring us bursting out of the woodwork. Not long now :) It is likely that the west of Scotland will have the most incredible autumn & winter this year given that it's my first extended time away from there in my whole life; enjoy!!

Posted

Snow on the Glencoe webcams all day but fairly pleasant here until mid afternoon when we had a few sharp showers. Currently 6c and dry. Trees starting to take on their autumn colours so looking very seasonal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Beautiful morning! Ice on the cars, frosty, with mist covering the Tay, and the sun slowly rising.

Posted

hi all

not posted for a while again. In to one of my favourite seasons now. Lovely morning with a slight frost - at least when I was out, but sun had been up so was rapidly melting. Hazy memory but the last few weeks have generally been a good spell of weather here. Often dry. Odd heavy showers but quite a lot of brightness. Finding myself drawn to the charts again and the dreaded extended outlook for any hints of wintry weather...here we go again! Any time from now for the next 6/7 month we can get reasonable snow cover. I remember an October a few years ago (10 maybe?) with reasonable cover of snow in places including Aberdeen - think it was early in month too!

Posted

Very hard frost here this morning and also the 06z has thrown up a a screamer in FI ...

06_372_mslp850.png?cb=490

I know it's got like a 0.001% chance of coming off but its still nice to see none the less

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Nice sunny morning here after an overnight low of 3.4oC. Sat at 10.5oC all afternoon and feels rather cool. Not much else to say at the moment really as I am like most others waiting for the excitement to start!

Posted

Lots of reports from Facebook of people seeing lightning on that band of storms moving into the west coast.

Posted

Fantastic crisp, cold October morning with temperatures hovering just above freezing and it looked wonderful with the sunshine glowing on the fog. The flog cleared and temperatures rose quickly as a calm and mostly bright afternoon followed but there were a few showers at times and usually a little cloud cover. The light during the day and night and the weather combined with the earlier dusk/later dawn and the migrating birds signals that we are properly into autumn now. Temperatures have been at 9C for a while now and cloud cover is increasing with some rain approching from the west.

Posted

Geese on the move in increasing numbers now. Stunning sunrise this morning. Phwoar.

yeah, many geese on the move here too. On various night this week when I have been out the back door I have consistently heard geese - inconsistent in the direction each group is going it has to be said. some heading northwards, one flock (is that the lingo?!) heading north east - brave!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Has anyone else noticed a plethora of mice etc in gardens?

We've got loads running around. Cat is having the time of his life (and SS is getting rather tired of dealing with the wee gifts he brings). I'm not sure there are more of them, but certainly more active. I'm seeing them running around all the time; quite unusual for me anyway.

Maybe preparing for a big freeze? biggrin.png

Very nice day here, 11C with light winds and lots of blue, but still feeling chilly.

I see the Mr Brown expecting a harsh winter... http://www.scotsman....roads-1-2558844

Step up and do your duty for Scotland Northern Lights!

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very nice day here, 11C with light winds and lots of blue, but still feeling chilly.

I see the Mr Brown expecting a harsh winter... http://www.scotsman....roads-1-2558844

I thought you meant Ian Brown there for a second!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice settled week of weather, very clear tonight. Things beginning to feel a little cooler every day as Autumn edges along.

Wondering if the various govts are taking any kind of lead from the Meto new long range model, not that they offer LRFs these days and litigation beckons, seems to be little bits in the media suggesting some kind of preparations being made.

Folks at work beginning to ask me about winter more and more, looking forward to the forecasts coming out, this year it seems every variable possible is being scrutinised and factored in.

Looking forward to it all... !