Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Is Your Ideal Temperature?

Eskimo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

21 to 23C room temp much better around 18C 23C getting a bit warm. Of course when I was young 16C was consider healthy.

I'd never artificially heat above 21c as it feels horrible. But prefer it higher but only if outdoor temperatures are responsible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

One of those rare cases where I come out similar to the majority it would seem. Somewhere within the range of 20 to 25C suits me best, nearer 25C when idle and nearer 20C when active.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I'd never artificially heat above 21c as it feels horrible. But prefer it higher but only if outdoor temperatures are responsible!

My computers plus a combination of sound proofing warm my main room. Don't need heating even in winter :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Before this summer I'd have said high 20s, now I'd prefer 25 or 26C as an ideal. I had a rather unpleasant experience in Croatia with no air conditioning and every day was around 33C. 25C is just fine as long as it stays warm well into the evening.

Thats often the problem in this country, especially early on in the season. An afternoon peak temperature of 21c would feel nice in the mid afternoon in strong sunshine but, depending on the air mass, this can quickly become the mid teens when the sun gets a bit lower in the evening. An afternoon that was suitable weather for shorts now becomes an evening of trouserts and maybe even a coat.

Therfore if the temperatures rises that bit more during the day up to the mid 20s that usually guarantees temperatures holding up well during the evening so shorts can still be worn at 9 or 10pm.

Whats this fascination with wearing shorts i hear you ask? Its because i find it nice and summery to wear shorts and t shirt all day. Its a sad day when they get consigned to the drawers permanently over winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Whats this fascination with wearing shorts i hear you ask? Its because i find it nice and summery to wear shorts and t shirt all day. Its a sad day when they get consigned to the drawers permanently over winter.

I call it freedom! Perhaps we love it so because it is by far not the norm in this country. By default going outside requires a coat whereas unusually it requires shorts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I like it cool so in summer 14-18C by day and below 12C at night but in winter 0-5C would be great, i never put heating on in my bedroom in winter and even have the little window open quite often so my room is really cool!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I wear shorts a lot of the time outside winter, doesn't need to be blistering hot for me to do so, mowing the lawn requires it.

Posted

During winter I prefer it to be below freezing.

Posted

I think the original question was 'What is your ideal temperature?' which means to me - what temperature are you most comfortable at and thus try your best via clothes, heating or cooling to in order reach that temperature. So those stating sub freezing - are you sure....?

Posted

Well perhaps it means different to other people.. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I think the original question was 'What is your ideal temperature?' which means to me - what temperature are you most comfortable at and thus try your best via clothes, heating or cooling to in order reach that temperature. So those stating sub freezing - are you sure....?

Gotta respect people's opinions though, not everyone likes 30C+, nor does everyone like below freezing, nothing wrong with finding -10C comfortable, and I myself enjoy wearing a t-shirt at -2C in winter, just to test myself, just can't stand the in-between 5C-16C temperatures. not warm or cold.sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

Anything less than 10C will do for me, single figures if I am physically working outside. Easier to work up a sweat and remove layers than start off hot and get hotter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

When I'm working I don't like the temperature to go over 25C. If I'm at home, then 20-25C is great if active and 25-30C if idle or sunbathing. Obviously this would vary depending on humidity but generally I can tolerate high temperatures a lot better than low temperatures.

In winter, I like day time maxes to go no higher than 5C and night minima to generally be between -5C and 0C.

Posted

Probably between 20 and 25C but I rate sunshine above temperature so 16C and sunny is a better summer day for me than 22C and cloudy.

When I went to the Costa del Sol in April 2008 I got what I consider ideal summer weather and the maxes were 18-24C with blue skies every day.

Those temperatures are not far off typical UK summer temperatures but the often cloudy skies make it feel not too good in this country.

Posted

My ideal temperature is below freezing if we're talking about winter. I love the big coats, gloves and woolly hats.

Winter mildness just makes me feel sick. Sweating in January shouldn't be allowed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I wear shorts a lot of the time outside winter, doesn't need to be blistering hot for me to do so, mowing the lawn requires it.

I wear them through Winter. My legs seem to be immune to cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

When i'm out and about in summer that usually means playing sports. However in winter i dont do any outdoor activity other than walking round the shops or walking to work. Therefore i dont generate much of my own heat like i would if i was playing sport. Therefore i find temperatures around 12c pleasant in Winter especially if there is a strong wind blowing to blast the soft mild air at you. I really find it refreshing and soothing and it doesnt make your face numb or your eyes water like proper cold does.

At the other end of the scale i also find comfort at temperatures of 2-4c when there is hardly any wind and the sun is shining. Usually we get this from a cold dry southeasterly from off the continent. But at these temperatures you only need a light breeze to develop for it to feel raw, especially when its cloudy.

Edited by Milhouse

Posted

Anything between about 18C and 24C in the daytime. Today was just right! :)

Above about 26C is usually a bit too hot for me unless I'm lucky enough to have a day off and can just lounge around.

In the night, I prefer it a bit cooler - anything between 8C and 15C is ideal. That's one advantage of a cool wet summer; the night temperatures this year haven't been too uncomfortable. I'd have gladly traded that for some sunnier weather though.

Posted

I wear them through Winter. My legs seem to be immune to cold.

I can take the bin out in shorts when it's subzero without feel discomfort. Not sure I could walk around town though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hi guys. Temps i can coap with, summer 20-30c daytime and low teens at nights.in winter 0-5c during day -2 or below at nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I can take the bin out in shorts when it's subzero without feel discomfort. Not sure I could walk around town though.

I find when the temperatures are pretty cold, sub zero as an example, you can deal with being in shorts and shirts more than you can at say 5C. It's like my body puts up a resistance to these temperatures but when it's not too cold it doesn't really put up much of a resistance and I begin to get cold (apart from my legs). Don't know if anyone else finds this too.

Posted

Yes - when I was in Poland at new years it was 2c with drizzle and the locals said this is much worse than when its -5c as at these lower temps the air is drier so feels less cold than a damp 2c. I know I'd much prefer -5c to 2c any day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Even with high humidity, the highest twenties are great by day, I love playing football in extreme heat.

Think I've only ever felt 30C once in my location really, so can't really remember it.

At night, it's a different matter. I like it nice and cool so I can sleep. 20C at night is not very nice!

As for winter threshold. I love temperatures at or below freezing on a clear, sunny day. I love all of the winter clothes and I love to see that frosty tint remain on the grass all day. smile.png

Edited by Backtrack