Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Is Your Ideal Temperature?

Eskimo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

What is your ideal temperature that makes you feel comfortable? Mine is 22 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Hm, around 21 degrees outside, especially with low dew points.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Tricky to say as there are other factors at work which contribute to pleasantness such as if the sun is shining or how much wind there is.

If i was to pick an ideal temperature is would be 25c, as even if there is a keen breeze it doesnt feel too chilly. Plus in bright sunshine it wouldnt be scorching hot.

But i would stretch as high as the mid 30s if there was a keen breeze blowing. The lowest comfortable temperature would be 15c providing it was calm and sunny so it didnt feel chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

About 18c - 21c for outdoor comfort.

Anything higher than 25c is too hot for me!

5c - 18c is just big standard average temps dependant on the relevant season!

5c or below is nice and cold for a decent winters day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

a humid 22c

Posted

It's been about 21C and sunny here this afternoon but it's windy and really feels a bit cool in just a Tshirt.

OK if busy doing something, but if you wanted to sit out for a few minutes, not quite comfortable surprisingly.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Most of the time a temperature of 25C with low humidity will do me fine, though I am ok up to about 30C - If we go to the other end of the scale i.e. winter, my preferred outside temperature is -5C, again with low humidity - sometimes a calm sunny day with a -5C temperature can feel surprisingly warm, much more so than the overcast drizzly blowy days we get at +3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

The perfect scenario is - shorts & t-shirt with windows and doors open at all times without any inkling of a chill - even by the missus.

OK here's the research...

- Missus chilll threshold when stationary = 21c under still air, raising to 23c if its a bit breezy from an open window or sitting outside.

- With windows/doors open my house will never be warmer than the outside but can be cooler.

Which infers temperatures must be around 20-21c at bedtime to maintain open windows. If temps start falling into the teens the window and door will close breaking the scenario rule!

So...

- Either very high maximums with low dew points so upper 20s or maybe 30c.

- 23-25c but with higher dew points.

Ultimately though I'm most comfortable at about 23-25c with dew points somewhere in the middle of the UK range.

However I'm tolerant to temperature at both ends of the spectrum and will be last one to put a coat on but also last one to complain about being too hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

30-38C perfect temperature for me, with high humidity high 20s-mid 30s.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

20c to 23C for me. However this year with sudden jumps from 16C to 23C has made 23C feel rather hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

14C in the sun and calm, still weather. 17-21C if there is more than a breeze. In Winter, -5--7C, clear blue skies and sunshine with no or little wind, and a thick frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Bet if you did a national survey it'd come out about 21-23c which is roughly 'room temperature'.

Just got home with perfect temperature outside (22c) but too cool inside (20.5c). Now got all windows open quickly trying to fill the room with warm air before it cools off outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I'd agree with that. I personally think most people like 'moderate warmth' (21c - 25c).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

I would say 27c at day and 18c at night is ideal. No aircon, heating or anything required and could easily walk around with jeans and t shirt.

Posted

Before this summer I'd have said high 20s, now I'd prefer 25 or 26C as an ideal. I had a rather unpleasant experience in Croatia with no air conditioning and every day was around 33C. 25C is just fine as long as it stays warm well into the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Bet if you did a national survey it'd come out about 21-23c which is roughly 'room temperature'.

Just got home with perfect temperature outside (22c) but too cool inside (20.5c). Now got all windows open quickly trying to fill the room with warm air before it cools off outside.

21 to 23C room temp much better around 18C 23C getting a bit warm. Of course when I was young 16C was consider healthy.

Posted

22-24°c is around what i like not to warm and not to cold any higher than 24°c in the sun can be hard to work in.

Edited by TomW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Depends on the humidity. But around 20-22C will do me fine. Anything higher than that and 9 times out of 10 it will feel horrible as the humidity will be high. With a breeze I might stretch to 24C LOL.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I would say 27c at day and 18c at night is ideal. No aircon, heating or anything required and could easily walk around with jeans and t shirt.

Nope couldn't do that with no aircon...18c would be far to warm at night..dont forget 27c in any sun would warm your house up too much and 18c too high for it too cool down..more than one day of this weather your house would just get warmer and warmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Somewhere in the range of 10-16c in summer ( although I'm not averse to colder ) and anything below 0c in winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

No shorts?