Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How Has This Warm, Settled Spell Been For You So Far?

Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

How has this warm spell behaved for everyone? Here it's been raining 2 mornings, a lot of cloud during the day, and when a sunny day is forecast it turns into a hazy mess. It just really isn't acceptable, it is becoming yet again seemingly impossible to get a day of clear blue skies.

It's been warm yes, but in terms of sunshine it's not been that great.

It's sunny at the moment but there's a cool breeze and a lot of high level cloud about. 18.7C is also poor for the time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Warm and settled? News to me! cc_confused.gif

Yesterday was the first day in 22 consecutive days where rain (even if only a few mm) wasn't recorded where I am.

We've had a couple of days where there was blue sky for the majority of the day, but at times the wind was touching gale force and it's generally been hovering around 15C. Not great, but provided you've been able to find somewhere in the lee of the wind, it's been warm in the sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Nothing of note at all, pretty standard for September so far.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Been good here - definitely autumn in feel due to the chilly mornings but there's been tons of sunshine making the afternoons feels quite pleasant.

Evenings cool fast so despite how nice it is its really only been much use on the ride home or when strolling round the car park at lunchtime!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Posted

OK really. Nice that at last we have a settled spell after a fairly 3rd rate Summer in the South East, just hope it last for a while now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Bit disappointing really. At the end of August there was a prolonged settled warm spell being touted, but in reality the first few days of Sept were cloudy, cool and drizzly here.

Now, although when the sun is out it is noticeably warm, the problem is the sun isn't out today here. It's cloudy and rather cool here now.

Yesterday was nice, warm and sunny, then the days before we were victim to those cold fronts.

The weekend is currently looking nice and warm, but to be honest, I'm not finding this spell of weather anything unusual for early Sept at all IMBY. A few days of sunny warm weather looks rather like what I will be getting, with the other days either being cloudy and warm or cloudy and cool.

Rather overhyped IMO. Next week is looking much more seasonal though. Some good Autumnal charts being shown. Looking forward to it personally!

Posted

Fantastic, I have had 6 dry work days* in a row (Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs) for the first time since May!

Unlike others I don't mind the chilly starts, for instance it was warm enough by 08.30 to have just t-shirt & shorts on today and it was the

first morning this week I have had to start (at 07.00) with a fleece on.

* I work outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Here in North Yorkshire, Saturday was mostly cloudy but since then it's been generally sunny and with temperatures on the warm side of average. There's been some interesting cloud formations about at times, so not too boring either.

It is all dependent on the positioning of the high pressure though and I always suspected that some parts of northern and western Britain would be rather cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Rather satisfied that it is living up to expectations so far. Saturday was disappointingly cloudy but still decently warm. From then on its been lovely and sunny on most days with temperatures in the range 20 to 23c. Alltogether a very pleasing spell of weather. I will give my full verdict after the upcoming BBQ weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Same here TWS been a lovely spell so far, mind you a bit breezy at times more especially today, but if your in the sun and out of the wind it very much still feels like summer. Was in Thirsk yesterday and although it was around 18c it felt very pleasant. Still 4 days left of decent weather and the weekend looks very warm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

in general its a typical spell for Autumn. Not too warm and a pleasant breeze. Could get a bit warmer in the coming days but I don't think any records are going to be broken.

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes Sunny here too in the last few days.Lovely temps too by day nice and warm and cooler nights to sleep.

This will do for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

well it hasnt got over 17c since about 3 week ago so yeah pretty poor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Brilliant. Sunny skies for most days with only occasional short periods of cloud drifting through (except when the cold front came - it was cloudy for about 3/4 of the day, still dry though). Pleasantly warm and hardly humid at all for the 2nd half of this week, so it feels very comfortable out there. Fresh nights but I like that.

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Um, ok up to now. Cool mornings, warm afternoons and (except Tuesday) chilly nights. But I prefer the nights to be cooler anyway as its more comfortable. I'm looking forward to some lovely mellow golden days and then some strong autumn gales. :D

Posted

Temperatures have been decent enough here.

Sat- 21.c

Sun- 21.c

Mon- 21.c

Tue- 20.c

Wed- 19.c

Thur- 20.c

Each day has been sunny although quite windy today gusting 45mph, really taking the edge of the temperatures.

Expecting some real warmth on Saturday and Sunday hopefully 23-25.c.

Posted

Much hazier than I expected for this time in the morning. The cloud is making more progress than first thought. The settled spell is officially over in the west. :(

Posted

Spoke too soon, the sun is burning off the high cloud. Blue skies return!

Posted

It is quite funny reading a thread like this at times.

Positive comments showing how different parts of the country have fared and the usual negative inputs-some folk never seem satisfied it seems but then we all have our likes and dislikes.

For me in sunny donny, then it has been just that. As TWS posted some really good cloud scapes at times with Ac and Ci being the main cloud types so never anything but bright and generally sunny. I use the Met O definitions for cloud cover, b, bc, c and much of the time its been bc-b by day with almost all notes on c having a supplementary note that it was Ac or Ci.

The mean temperature for the first 8 days was 17.7C and a similar value or higher likely today. Avge Max=23.5C some 5C above my average and the Min similar-so yes a lovely spell and good to see it for a fair number of areas allowing the farmers to get much of their harvesting done.

Oh and not a drop of rain for the first 9 days I expect by midnight tonight!

Edited by johnholmes