Cold?
IGNORED

Christmas Weather Forecast

Stuart

Posted

sorry guys

Christmas 2012: Possibly cold

Forecast

It's that time of the year again, and our Christmas forecast is up and running with the first update. The TWO Autumn forecast has just been issued and covers the period until the beginning of December, with the headline being for an unsettled season. So what about the late December weather prospects? In recent years there have been a number of cold spells around the Christmas period, although that wasn't the case last year when most of the country remained green. This year the initial forecast is again for a slightly higher than average chance of a White Christmas across all of the country, but that means the most likely outcome is for it to be green. There are signs of northern blocking developing during the autumn months according to some long range forecasting models, and if that turns out to be correct then expect subsequent forecasts to increase the chances of snow on December 25th.

Probabilities of snow falling on Christmas Day

North of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 25%

South of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 20%

Forecast issued

Update 1, 01/09/2012

http://theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/Christmas-weather-forecast

Edited by Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

You having a laugh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Bull s@#t.

How rude!

You tell us what YOU think it will do weather-wise on Christmas day then Pacino.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Holy cow already? Well lets hope we get a white christmas in sted gof the hairdryer we got last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I will be honest with you,i am not a scientist or a meteorologist.I am in fact a 43 year old big kid and i love this time of year,and coming to this site is part of my run up to Christmas ritual.And whilst nobody is going to run of to the bookies to place a £100 bet on a white Christmas based on a forecast in September,i think its still fun,It adds to the feeling that winter is on its way.Speaking of which,does anybody know when the "winter area" of the site will open?.I find the views and opinions of the more knowledgeable users of the site very intertaining and informative,and when the weathers about to turn colder,exciting too.Ok so its September,but in the scheme of things,,winter really is just around the corner.Bring it on :)

Posted

The sun will rise in the morning, but set much earlier than it does in summer. There is a serious risk of cloud in many parts although some clear skies are possible. Most places will be dry except where it rains - a risk of snow in colder places. Sun will shine except where it remains overcast. Some wind is likely. This could reach gale force though may also be very light. Temperatures will vary and be close to normal in some parts but very low temps are possible. Record high temps look unikely but cannot be dismissed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

The sun will rise in the morning, but set much earlier than it does in summer. There is a serious risk of cloud in many parts although some clear skies are possible. Most places will be dry except where it rains - a risk of snow in colder places. Sun will shine except where it remains overcast. Some wind is likely. This could reach gale force though may also be very light. Temperatures will vary and be close to normal in some parts but very low temps are possible. Record high temps look unikely but cannot be dismissed.

smiliz39.gifw00t.gifsmiliz23.gifsmiliz19.gifsmiliz64.gifcold.gifcold.gifhi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

i too enjoy when the ridiculously early winter predictions start, i dont think anyone expects accuracy. as asked previously, when do these threads open? i remember from previous years that they do appear early, but cant remember how early

Posted

I will be honest with you,i am not a scientist or a meteorologist.I am in fact a 43 year old big kid and i love this time of year,and coming to this site is part of my run up to Christmas ritual.And whilst nobody is going to run of to the bookies to place a £100 bet on a white Christmas based on a forecast in September,i think its still fun,It adds to the feeling that winter is on its way.Speaking of which,does anybody know when the "winter area" of the site will open?.I find the views and opinions of the more knowledgeable users of the site very intertaining and informative,and when the weathers about to turn colder,exciting too.Ok so its September,but in the scheme of things,,winter really is just around the corner.Bring it on smile.png

ditto! im exactly the same,except im female and 41,but this is part of my run up to xmas,my family hate it, they say"oh no, here we go again" I LOVE IT!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

yeah i think people get too caught up in the accuracy of long range winter forecasts, its just fun and a good precurser for the end of the year. cant wait till they start, hoping as ever for a cold and snowy start to winter, and to all the heated discussions and wild predictions :-) my family is the same whiskers, im 34 but turn 12 at this time of year lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

snow in East, no snow for me in west

Ha Ha same old,same old LOL

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Having a detailed look at the charts for the winter season, it seems to me that snow is very very likely, but also a high probability that it wont snow rofl.gif

I also love this time of year. Wild winds, leaves turning, dark nights, winter breath, the first frosts, ice, clear crisp days and the argiung that tends to happen every year on NW with all of the regulars. And then of course theres the snow (raising eyebrows, Rob Mcelwee style)

Bring on the winter season. And may i be the first to say. Merry Christmas all lol smiliz39.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

It was the winter weather and snow forecasts that got me into netweather in the first place! I'm an extremes kind of girl. Love love love snow and love love love hot sun! Anything In between is jut bleh!

Here's hoping for a snow filled winter even for the south coast like 2010!!

Posted

Here's hoping for a snow filled winter even for the south coast like 2010!!

I'll second that. Dreadful Summer so it has to be countered with a good snowy Winter. I want to see all those snow angel pictures from the South coast contingent this Winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

ohmy.pngohmy.pnglaugh.png

it will do for starters LOLdrinks.gif

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

ohmy.pngohmy.pnglaugh.png

so a hurricane for Xmas it is then!!!mega_shok.gif

Posted

Christmas 2012: Possibly cold

Forecast - Second update

This latest update remains for a slightly higher than average chance of a White Christmas across all of the country, but that means the most likely outcome is for it to be green. There are signs of northern blocking developing during the autumn months according to some long range forecasting models, and if that turns out to be correct then expect subsequent forecasts to increase the chances of snow on December 25th. The September weather patterns are starting to become clearer, and one factor to look for in the next few weeks is whether anticyclonic conditions tend to be dominant.

Probabilities of snow falling on Christmas Day

North of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 25%

South of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 20%

Forecast issued

Update 1, 01/09/2012

Update 2, 09/09/2012

http://theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/Christmas-weather-forecast