Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 30th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

my wife called summer over she put the winter duvet on the bed now she always right!!

Posted

I'm a bit of a night owl.

Morning all,

Nice cool one this morning, but rather dreary. There's a lovely breeze bringing some fresh air in to the house.

Happy Saturday.

tumblr_m7ljqb5m9V1qcfdmxo1_1280.jpg

blum.gif

Posted

PPVE89.gif?31415

tomorrow looks like showers on and off

sun may be a bit of a bonus tomorrow as also looks cloudy when dry

PPVG89.gif?31415

overnight showers dieing out

note kirk dieing and heading to our north

PPVI89.gif?31415

monday looks dry and getting a bit warmer

PPVK89.gif?31415

tuesday morning looks dry but showers for the afternoon

still warm

PPVO89.gif?31415

wednesday looks dry sunny and warm

a little more breezy though

could be some chilly nights next week

but pleasant during the day

Yes, I look just like that at 3am John laugh.png

Been a fairly so so day weather wise, and after the dull grey of this morning, we ended up with a lovely sunset and some more Cirrus with blue skies.

Hope you've all been having fun clapping.gif

funnily enough if you look at your profile picture

and the other picture

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

only kidding tongue.png

Edited by john pike

Posted

cfsnh-2-1554.png?18

cfsnh-2-1626.png?18

cfsnh-2-2844.png?18

cfsnh-2-3384.png?18

and for the cream

cfsnh-2-3822.png?18

cfsnh-2-3828.png?18

cfsnh-2-3834.png?18

cfsnh-2-3840.png?18

cfsnh-2-3846.png?18

cfsnh-2-3864.png?18

cfsnh-2-3876.png?18

cfsnh-2-3924.png?18

cfsnh-2-3984.png?18

cfsnh-2-4014.png?18

cfsnh-2-4104.png?18

incredible and keeps going to

cfsnh-2-4356.png?18

that would make february bitter

also

cfsnh-2-4932.png?18

impressive for end of march

these are just for fun

however i am thinking ahead now and i expect a pretty cold winter this year

too early to forecast but nice to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Cloud all gone, nice sunny day here. Has anybody noticed the lack of wasps this year?

Not complaining though they usually chase us when having a cider in the garden lol.

I had noticed the lack of European Wasps. ive noticed more of the small wasps but i do not know there names. I saw a wasp with vived black and yellow lines down its abdomen definatley wasn't a hover fly but it was small. I also have seen a black wasp with red legs that had a large ovipositor.

We have about 7 or 8 mason bees in our hose housing. there funny little things you see them coming out of their holes backwards, dropping out and then flying off mid fall!

Ive given up on the prospects of storms now im more looking forward to see how cold we can get it down to in september and im also looking forward to see what the winter will bring us.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Yes unless you live in Lincolnshire it has been a pretty bad season for the SE Yet again, hardly any Overnight Lightning other than that Elevated Storm in April that rolled in from the East - It is actually becoming pathetic for Lightning in our part of the world.

Have been lucky enough to cross the Pond 3 times this year in search of Severe Weather and Lightning, so will leave you with a few pics of 2012 Lightning just to show it does actually happen...............Just not in the SE Of the Uk it seems

post-24-0-21420100-1346549133_thumb.jpg - Texas 10th May 2012

post-24-0-81364900-1346549191_thumb.jpg - Plainview 01st June 2012

post-24-0-73481800-1346549269_thumb.jpg - Arizona 23rd August 2012

post-24-0-61203900-1346549391_thumb.jpg - Arizona 27th August 2012

post-24-0-74813000-1346549442_thumb.jpg - Kansas June 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull, chilly and yukky......and the weather ain't too good either. :D

Me too Meso, it's been one hell of a let down this year storm-wise for my location, and I know a few others here have suffered as well. Looking on now towards winter, and hoping for a better year for snow than winter 2011/12.

And me QS. I'm now hoping for roaring autumn gales and deep, deep snow. Oh and some lovely clear and crisp frosty days as well. (and autumn/winter clothes. Love those) âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Have a good Sunday all. :)

Posted

3 hours on the Downs in driving drizzle, I trust this isn't the way Autumn is going to continue............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

A cloudy,muggy and ultimately rather disappointing weekend here.sad.png Nothing I wasn't expecting since the middle of last week though.

Looking forward to a pretty decent week (on the whole) of late Summer / early Autumn weather. I hope so, since I'm only working Monday and Tuesday morning.biggrin.png

Posted

3 hours on the Downs in driving drizzle, I trust this isn't the way Autumn is going to continue............

Same here Steve. Today was a drizzly mess. Grey, damp, and duller than a dinner-date with a dustman. (Apologies if any of you are dustmen.. ph34r.png)

I'm only working three days next week, then out of Sussex for 5 days. Hoping for a few nice warm evenings and a lot less of this drizzly rubbish rolleyes.gif

Have I blundered into an episode of Sesame Street? Today's forum is brought to you by the letter 'D'!

Not experienced much weather myself recently as I have shamefully spent Saturday and Sunday struggling with stupid Swedish self-assembly shelving. Thanks very much to the letter 'S' for your help with that sentence.

Now, back to the garbage (it's my day job)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not such a sunny day in Devon today so Mini me and I had some retail therapy and a lovely roast dinner - hopefully it will be a picnic on the beach tomorrow !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Never going camping with it the rain ever again, I told someone that it wouldn't rain and when it did, oh boy did I get a grilling.

Posted

Now you mention it AS, I think the letter 'D' does have a distinctly descriptive and dynamic quality for divulging this dour and depressing climatic demeanour. It is dreadfully draining.

Unless of course you are a dissenter, in which case, there's no need for this discourse. wacko.png

Oh blimey, I do hope you're pulling my leg AS rofl.gif

Darnn it QS, defeated again by delightful dissemenation..

As for the garbage, I do deal in it but not in the traditional sense!

AS

Posted

Mornin each. Dull, chilly and yukky......and the weather ain't too good either. biggrin.png

And me QS. I'm now hoping for roaring autumn gales and deep, deep snow. Oh and some lovely clear and crisp frosty days as well. (and autumn/winter clothes. Love those) âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Have a good Sunday all. smile.png

Hi KP (not the cricket version I presume - what was it with those texts?) great photo of Jonathan Ross on your profile. Almost looks like Oscar Wilde!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi KP (not the cricket version I presume - what was it with those texts?) great photo of Jonathan Ross on your profile. Almost looks like Oscar Wilde!

AS

Crumbs AS I had to look all that cricket, KP and text stuff up. Lol. :) Ah, Oscar, yes. I was trying to change my pic and Mr Wilde popped up (he's my Word press Gravatar ) so he can stay for a bit!!, :D I've forgotten how to change my pic on iPad. :(

OMG!! 666 posts.

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted

Crumbs AS I had to look all that cricket, KP and text stuff up. Lol. smile.png Ah, Oscar, yes. I was trying to change my pic and Mr Wilde popped up (he's my Word press Gravatar ) so he can stay for a bit!!, biggrin.png I've forgotten how to change my pic on iPad. sad.png

OMG!! 666 posts.

Mark of the best (or something like that I think)!

Maybe I should go for a profile pic - never had one before so a bit nervous about what I should choose.

A few years back:

post-3098-0-16607600-1346622173_thumb.jp

and now, after several years' experience:

post-3098-0-34073700-1346622260_thumb.jp

Time is a cruel master

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hmmmm,Summer not giving up yet,However i think Autumn could be a short lived experience. Winter is going to be knocking on the door very soon and could deliver quite a punch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Same here Steve. Today was a drizzly mess. Grey, damp, and duller than a dinner-date with a dustman. (Apologies if any of you are dustmen.. ph34r.png)

I'm only working three days next week, then out of Sussex for 5 days. Hoping for a few nice warm evenings and a lot less of this drizzly rubbish rolleyes.gif

I'd be your dustman any time QS. blum.gif

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000lG.Q8tpyesg/s/900/720/Michael-Heath-Cartoons-Punch-1982-12-08-963-2.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hmmmm,Summer not giving up yet,However i think Autumn could be a short lived experience. Winter is going to be knocking on the door very soon and could deliver quite a punch.

I think so too, but mine is simply a hunch and yours too I presume. acute.gif

Posted

I think so too, but mine is simply a hunch and yours too I presume. acute.gif

More of the current signals long range coming of the NH,However yes I guess a hunch,But i think this time we could be in for a real cracker. As for being a dustman for QS...I would rather be the Bin bag she grabs,the end result is the same..But the initial is all good LOL.rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Our Daisy bush in the back garden is starting to wilt like never before, the only years the plant wilted had been followed by a very cold winter, maybe it's on to something or maybe it's just because my cat has messed on it.

Edited by Perfect Storm

Posted

When does the NW long range winter forecast get released, anyone know?

Around 3 weeks time QS. Trust me John Pike has disclosed what's to come.