Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interitus

Uefa Champions League 2012/13

UEFA Champions League 2012/13 Group Draw:

Group A: FC Porto, Dynamo Kyiv, Paris Saint-Germain, Dinamo Zagreb

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke 04, Olympiacos, Montpellier

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit Saint Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjælland

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, LOSC Lille, BATE Borisov

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

Group D = the Group of Death - four national champions from some of the strongest leagues, what have Platini and his mates been smoking?

City are going to struggle with that group! They very nearly had Paris St Germain as well instead of Ajax, it was a 50-50 chance at one point. Arsenal and especially Man Utd will be happy with their groups. Chelsea's is also rather difficult with a long trip to Donetsk on the cards.

I think Chelsea will have no problems with their group. Win all the home games and that will be enough to go through IMO.

The Manchester clubs and Arsenal will struggle a little more though. I think both United and City will still scrape through, and Arsenal will crash out!

How will United scrape through in that group?? Which team there will trouble United? Really don't get your thinking there! Also think Arsenal will breeze through, there's no very strong team in their group. Chelsea's group is more difficult than United or Arsenal's with Shakhtar and Juventus in there.

Just wait and see. United aren't as good as they used to be, and they have made a meal of some of their games in Europe in recent seasons. With an unsettled Wayne Rooney too, I can see them making a meal of that group, although as I said, still scraping through.

Arsenal are no longer the force they were, and again, I'm not so sure it will be as straight forward as it looks. They are struggling to score, and again, have an unsettled player in Theo Walcott. I can see Schlake topping that group, with Arsenal & Olympiacos battling it out for 2nd.

Chelsea are much better under Di Matteo, I can't see anyone in their group causing them too many problems.

Man City have a very difficult group. I think they will scrap through though as they are at the level now where they are able to compete with Europes best. It will be close though!

Group D = the Group of Death - four national champions from some of the strongest leagues, what have Platini and his mates been smoking?

im sorry but that's exactly how it should be..national champions only..that's why i prefer the old European cup format straight knock out from round 1

I think it slightly wrong to blame Hart for the last Real goal. To me it seemed that Kompany ducked instead of sticking his head on it and thus caught Hart by surprise.

All the results pretty much as you would expect tonight.

Man. City got out of jail tonight. They were second best and the penalty was very harsh.

Man. City got out of jail tonight. They were second best and the penalty was very harsh.

Yep, Borussia tore them apart at times.

Brave move by Man Utd playing Carrick in central defence.

They got the result tonight, but it isn't something I would personally try again.

Defence was a shambles, saved by the attacking force.

Hats off to Celtic tonight, fantastic result for them, I know they lost, but 2-1 at the Nou camp, fantastic result

Brave move by Man Utd playing Carrick in central defence.

They got the result tonight, but it isn't something I would personally try again.

Defence was a shambles, saved by the attacking force.

Yeah, it seems for every goal we let in we score 2 at the other end. Sort defence and defensive midfield position and we'd be a force to be reckoned with. I reckon once the defence is back from injury, one world class defender and midfield purchase and we'd be a top, top team.

Hats off to Celtic tonight, fantastic result for them, I know they lost, but 2-1 at the Nou camp, fantastic result

We nearly did it, 30 seconds away from drawing!

Yes it was a great result for Celtic and they certainly didn't deserve that last minute goal. Looking at some of the other results shows the premier league in a poor light. Man.City were outplayed again but it certainly doesn't help the players by changing the formation every ten minutes. They end up not knowing their a*** from their elbow and it showed.

Celtic win 2-1 against Barcelona!!! One of the greatest ever moments in Scottish footballing history!

Celtic win 2-1 against Barcelona!!! One of the greatest ever moments in Scottish footballing history!

Beat me to it, but an astonishing result for Celtic

i'm more Rangers,but my god they done well tonight.we should have hung onto Forster,he was outstanding tonight.

Barcelona have lost 7 out of their 17 matches against Scottish opposititon (41%). Not many other countries would have a better record against them.

Champions of EUROPE out

Champions of England out

Champions of Scotland reach last 16

:)

Yes a great result for Celtic. Any bets how far they will go?