Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snowdrifter

A Song About Winter...

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, but as its nowt to do with forecasting etc I thought it the best place to come. I've just written a song called 'Winter Child' which is all about how winter weather esp snow brings out the inner child in many of us. I've mixed some images with it and put it on youtube. I know we're not even in Autumn yet, but sometimes it takes a while to get these things 'out there'.

If you like it perhaps you could add a comment and give it a 'like' and maybe forward it to any record producers you know! smile.png

Anyway, here it is:

Cheers guys

PS sorry for being one of those NW members who only tends to show up during the winter months blush.png

Aww! What a lovely, touching song, Snowdrifter. I love it and it's probably the nicest seasonal song I've heard for a long time. The visuals are beautiful and I particularly like the end and the lamp light. Who hasn't stared into a street light to see if they really ARE snow flakes fluttering down. Smashing. And thanks for sharing. :D

Andy - it's a YES from me good.gif

.................absolutely brilliant....you have written my 'theme tune' (love the snowangel) well done clap.gif

You've produced a highly personal song with touching observations that all us 'snow lovers' can relate to, such beautifully crafted lyrics and a great melody, you should be very proud of that, best of luck and keep up the good work !

This song reminds me of a Disney classic for some reason, I really enjoyed it, really beautiful! :)

I've just written a song called 'Winter Child' which is all about how winter weather esp snow brings out the inner child in many of us. I've mixed some images with it and put it on youtube. I know we're not even in Autumn yet, but sometimes it takes a while to get these things 'out there'.

If you like it perhaps you could add a comment and give it a 'like' and maybe forward it to any record producers you know! smile.png

Anyway, here it is:

Cheers guys

Andy, I hope you don't mind but I shared your You Tube link on my Facebook page, as well as getting lots of likes here is one of the comments I thought you would like to read..........

Paul Goodger Ali , what a beautiful song, took me back many years ago to my childhood winters in Thornborough The magic of looking out of my bedroom window watching the snowflakes fallingunder street lamps ,62/63 winter School bus couldn't get through harsh winter seemed to last for ever , the snow was over the hedges frozen on top , I remember skating around our fields in the moonlight with my brother and sisters, village pond frozen 6 inches thick , going home soaking wet , sitting in front of our Rayburn drying out while toasting thick slices of bread on the open fire with a toasting fork eaten along with cups of coco , it got so cold we had to sleep down stairs in front of the big log fire in our living room as we didn't have central heating happy days thanks for sharing this song Ali , triggered some wonderful memories .

.........your lyrics are so powerful and really stir up emotions and happy memories for people, this particular Facebook friend was the groundsman at my old school so he's older than me and was lucky enough to have experienced the 62/63 winter which must have been quite something in the rural location we lived in !