Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk General Convective Discussion & Forecasts, 28th August 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Well hello from just across the water! That was great stuff, that trough really did ignite!! biggrin.png

I've got the extra radar - wouldn't be without it but I'm not sure why it wasn't picking up the strikes.

The Atlantic storms thread, looking quite rough down south - Gusts around 55mph over exposed coastal areas and lots of the WET stuff smile.png

Hahaha, heey! It was a great one!! Hope for more before the season it completely out! Could you screenshot the days lightning and post here? Really want to see it!

Edited by Convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Hahaha, heey! It was a great one!! Hope for more before the season it completely out! Could you screenshot the days lightning and post here? Really want to see it!

Not picked anything up over NW England, very odd - Probably the most spectacular T-storm since May 2011!!

post-9615-0-56403300-1349389158_thumb.pn

Sorry, I missed the lightening! (not much happening after 15 secs)

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

yea that shower was intense last night and we did get hail and 1 rumble (couldn't really here anything because of the hail and rain against my skylight window so there could have been more) no flashes though, the hail wasn't as bad as in Liams photo though, there was also 2 rumbles thunder today and another very intense shower! thats two thunder days in a row! what is this sorcery!?. We definately do better in autumn/winter for thunder.

Posted

A fairly weak line of convection to the north of Newcastle,but looks nice

with the sun shining on it.