Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

100f And Hurricane Charley

Gavin P

Posted

Enjoyed watching your footage. August 1990 although it started off very hot, as you said, the rest of the month was preety uneventful, and therefore can't be compared to the likes of 1995 and 2003. I think July 1990 overall was a better month than August 1990.

August 2003 should have been the warmest month ever, but the very cool end put paid to that.

I think the warmest August CET wise was 1995, whilst it was a superb month, the few variations in conditions would not make for an interesting watch, basically high pressure dominated throughout, however, if you ever do a summary of sept 1995 which was very wet in contrast to august 1995, I would suggest you do a brief summary of August 1995 beforehand. A Sept-Oct 95 couplet would be an interesting watch, the very wet conditions of Sept 95 contrasting with the warmth and dryness of Oct 95, again a brief summery of Aug 95 beforehand would be good, showing the marked contrasts between the 3 months, from heat and drought, to heavy rain to warmth again.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks Damian. :)

I suspect at some point (probably next year now) I'll do the whole of summer 1995 (from May to October)

Edited by Gavin P

Posted

. A Sept-Oct 95 couplet would be an interesting watch, the very wet conditions of Sept 95 contrasting with the warmth and dryness of Oct 95, again a brief summery of Aug 95 beforehand would be good, showing the marked contrasts between the 3 months, from heat and drought, to heavy rain to warmth again.

My old forecast uploads have now reached September 1995.