Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk General Convective Discussion & Forecasts, 24th August '12>

Nick F

Posted

Stuff out over Shropshire looks very heavy indeed. The first round is skirting just to my south...but this second lot looks a lot more promising.

Edit: In fact there are now some much louder rumbles!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nobody from northwest england on here then today? or have they just given up. A heavy shower here a minute ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Stuff out over Shropshire looks very heavy indeed. The first round is skirting just to my south...but this second lot looks a lot more promising.

Edit: In fact there are now some much louder rumbles!

It ain't that heavy really. most of the rainfall is falling as virga. This is our first big shower of the day.

Posted

Nobody from northwest england on here then today? or have they just given up. A heavy shower here a minute ago.

most have given up. I am not buying into this widespead thunderstorm day , just some sporadic moderate showers for us i bet

Posted

It ain't that heavy really. most of the rainfall is falling as virga. This is our first big shower of the day.

Have to admit it looks very messy out your way. Rain has been on and off here as well. A beautiful anvil has just appeared in the gaps in the cloud to my north...this must be the storm tracking down the A5?

Another loudish rumble from the west...there may not be much rain but it certainly is making a bit of noise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Spoke too soon, Ian got there first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I can hear some very distant thunder here in Warwick aldough I am expecting thunder later on in the day, however the Uk lightning detector is beginning to detector lightning around my area but not in my area.

I expect all places will experience atlease a little rumble with the amount there is.

Even if I dont hear thunder I can still remember the strikes we had last night :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely big thunderstorm setting in now. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Storm developed directly overhead, now rumbling away over the north Beds countryside. Heard about 15 rumbles of thunder from that one as it moves eastwards into Cambridgeshire. Impressive development of Cbs everywhere. Feels really warm and humid when the sun is out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

There is some really big dark Cbs around here. Really does look promising for areas east of here today. I'm crossing my fingers this big shower approaching me in the next 30 minutes gives me a rumble or two as it looks like nothing is developing further behind it.

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

still not much to report from here ,plenty of cells out over bristol channel way ,looks like these are moving up towards glos way or s/e wales ,perhaps it will all kick off later here . cheers

Posted

Lovely big thunderstorm setting in now. smile.png

That's not the big one..you should see the sky that's just appeared over the buildings to my west!

Posted

Just had a little storm just to my north with several loudish rumbles of thunder, no lightning seen here but my mum in Ottery Sainsburys about 3 miles to my north saw some, and apparently a couple miles to my north the roads are flooded with lots of water pouring out the fields! just normal 'heavyish' rain here

Posted

That's kinda what I was thinking Ian, there are a lot of sferics around but all too far away to get excited about. Your in a better location than me at least, you've got all of the west Lancs coastal plain for storms to develop on before they reach you, but I've got hardly a mile to the coast from here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Number 3 starting now rumbling away :) I feel lucky even though they do only last about 10 mins!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Nice looking CB's out my window now and look to be edging closer to me. I wonder if that stuff from Wales is gona vanish?

Posted

Actually been dry here for the past 20 minutes. Lots of rumbles still coming from all around though, mainly the west...but they never seem to reach here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Thunder in Brum....