Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

September CET Watch

Posted

It's too bad we are captives of the calendar because there was a fourth notable cold month earlier in the year, it ran from 14 Jan to 13 Feb if you like, and I believe the CET for that "month" was about 2 deg below normal. Of course there was also the first two thirds of May. Basically you could say about half of 2012 so far has been notably below normal and the other half generally near normal except for the first half of January and most of March, a week in mid-August was rather hot too. This year would fade into the background of the Dalton without any adjustment for AGW or UHI -- -- RJS.

Posted

It's too bad we are captives of the calendar because there was a fourth notable cold month earlier in the year, it ran from 14 Jan to 13 Feb if you like, and I believe the CET for that "month" was about 2 deg below normal. Of course there was also the first two thirds of May. Basically you could say about half of 2012 so far has been notably below normal and the other half generally near normal except for the first half of January and most of March, a week in mid-August was rather hot too. This year would fade into the background of the Dalton without any adjustment for AGW or UHI -- -- RJS.

I'd rather call describe it as, in general, longer spells of moderately below average weather with short bursts of notable warmth (early January, late February, late March, late May, early August, early September).

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Does anybody actually have the link just to confirm the CET outturn?

I did quite well this month.