Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 19th 2012>

Coast

Posted

I thought the same it seemed to come so suddenly!

Certainly did, was in garden centre one min, clear blue skies, looked up because I saw a flash, then boom it was over us ! Been 25mins of constant lightning and thunder since, little rain but what is falling is BIG drops!

Edited by jaynemc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Sounds good. YAY! Good luck everyone. On way back to Norwich soon. Hope something kicks off there later. :D

Posted

well by the looking at the radar.. im in for it.. now very dark with constant booming thunder to my south.. this should shut the kids up outsidediablo.gif

Posted

Brief shower with big raindrops and fascinating cloudscapes, think main focus is passing to the west of me tho! Mind you has just started raining again, very muggy too!

Posted

well by the looking at the radar.. im in for it.. now very dark with constant booming thunder to my south.. this should shut the kids up outsidediablo.gif

Enjoy acute.gif , its a humdinger of a storm. So much lightning and thunder (but hardly any rain), not seen/heard a storm like this for ages...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I thought the same, it seemed to come so suddenly!

That's just typical when I was in Sussex yesterday *tsk* .........oh well enjoy your storm and please send it this way !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Looks like this storm will track to the East of Cambridge - our only hope West of Cambridge is that the heat expands the storms, like a mushroom as they move into EA.

Looks like the storm is expanding sideways, but the thunder activity seems to be dying out - which is strange considering the heat?

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted

Very weird according to radar should be seeing rain but nothing, and from other reports seems to be electrical activity without rainfall, evaporating before reaching the ground, can that happen!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Had some thunder and lightning in last half an hour temps dropped 30 to 24c nice breeze now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Thunder on and off here in west London since around 1240, booming thunder. Only saw one lightning strike though looked to be between clouds. Went v dark, but is now brightening up from the south. Planes are going over lower than usual, or they seem to be anyway. Had some rain, but not heavy at all. V oppressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Very weird according to radar should be seeing rain but nothing, and from other reports seems to be electrical activity without rainfall, evaporating before reaching the ground, can that happen!?

Yes, it can - I'm sure that's what is happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Travelled back from Northern England this morning. Temperature rapidly rose and I was expecting a hazy hot afternoon, as per the BBC forecast before I set off. Getting close to home, I could see castellanus clouds and more and said to my travelling companions that the sky looked very thundery. Back home, checked this forum and the radar, which confirmed my thoughts.

Now awaiting what could be a very interesting afternoon.smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I can see the edge of the stuff off the Suffolk coast, that's at least 50 miles away :D Sadly it's not coming inland :( Skies have cleared here now, warming up again!

Posted

Yes, it can - I'm sure that's what is happening.

The clouds look to have a very high base, so I think the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Now, how often do we see this?

post-8895-0-04220000-1345378861_thumb.pn

Posted

I can see the edge of the stuff off the Suffolk coast, that's at least 50 miles away biggrin.png Sadly it's not coming inland sad.png Skies have cleared here now, warming up again!

The stuff to the south is moving in Norfolk's direction. I reckon Norfolk might be the sweet spot for the SE today.

Posted

Very deep growling thunder in Beccles as I was waiting for the train. Sky grey and we look to be travelling towards it. :D

Posted

It went dark hear earlier, radar showed heavy rain incoming, heard distant rumbles getting closer, then it just vanished off the radar. Must be Area 51 here LOL

Posted

Looking very dark out to sea at Lowestoft. Looks like we are stuck here for a while. *sigh*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Very deep growling thunder in Beccles as I was waiting for the train. Sky grey and we look to be travelling towards it. biggrin.png

Must be coming form the stuff off the coast, K? Nothing on radar apart form that although there is a development to my SW which I'm watching (not the storm nr Cambs, that seems to

be stationary!)