Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Ice In The Northern Hemisphere 2012/13

EDIT: Actually, just so this thread doesn't get derailed, I think any discussions of climate change and the like should probably go to pm or that scary and dark corner of the forum known as the climate and environment section!

Probably agree with that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Probably agree with that.

Could you move some of the recent posts into the climate and environment section J1? Maybe the "In The News" thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Could you move some of the recent posts into the climate and environment section J1? Maybe the "In The News" thread?

I do suspect a blue will come in and rescue/move/bin a whole lot of the off topic posts. If I had to be pushed to make a judgement regarding climate change, I would suggest one looks at nature's reaction to it in the first place. Posted Image Whilst this is a most interesting debate, there is a dedicated thread for such matters, which is illustrated below.

http://forum.netweat...nd-environment/

Most of the last two pages of posts belong in there Posted Image so, from now on, let's play nice and stick on topic, please. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I do suspect a blue will come in and rescue/move/bin a whole lot of the off topic posts. If I had to be pushed to make a judgement regarding climate change, I would suggest one looks at nature's reaction to it in the first place. Posted Image Whilst this is a most interesting debate, there is a dedicated thread for such matters, which is illustrated below.

http://forum.netweat...nd-environment/

Most of the last two pages of posts belong in there Posted Image so, from now on, let's play nice and stick on topic, please. Posted Image

Absolutely agree.

There have been posts here from folk who rarely, if ever venture into the climate area. It's clearly a topic of interest, you'd be more than welcome over in that part of the forum. This thread however is not the place to discuss the issue, please stick to the topic in hand, and try not to dilute the important issue of snow build-up with climate chatter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Three day animation (just for Harshwintercoming!!!!). Again, some losses in scandi (not much left now) but some big gains in China and Ukraine. Ice almost joined Russia to Alaska!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

There is absolutely no snow in Ukraine..

Posted

There is absolutely no snow in Ukraine..

Correction, meant Kazahkstan

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

This is my fav thread, and loving the content/comments in it.

amazed at the speed of the ice re-build and the snow cover IMHO has been fantastic this year.

keep it all coming Posted Image

Edited by Jax
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Three day animation (just for Harshwintercoming!!!!). Again, some losses in scandi (not much left now) but some big gains in China and Ukraine. Ice almost joined Russia to Alaska!

Posted Image

nice one it's looking good in china http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pctGg4-wkvg

right at the end its a case of not ''sorry your school is closed for health and safety reasons'' but

''during your school lunch break we have a little job for u!'' looks like the snowman season has started there too http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90882/8021588.html

Edited by harshwintercoming

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

No great change slightly less snow in China and more gets to japan http://www.vill.haku...camera.php?id=6

Posted

As Harshwintercoming said, not much more snow cover, however sea ice has pretty joined up the north landmasses. Some impressive gains around Greenland

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Kamchatka peninsula and those peninsulas in Alaska now totally covered though.. took long enough

Posted

Snow cover pretty stable over the NH, some loss in western Canada, but sea ice cover increasing rapidly, particularly around Greenland.

Posted Image

Edited by Ice Day
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Snow cover pretty stable over the NH, some loss in western Canada, but sea ice cover increasing rapidly, particularly around Greenland.

Bugger the projected Easterly out in FI, we desperately need a Northerly. Posted Image I am not thinking from a IMBY perspective here and would be happy for anyone who should strike lucky in such a situation. I really think anything with a Northerly influence would have quite some bite to it but how long have I been saying that. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74146-snow-and-ice-in-the-northern-hemisphere-201213/page__st__960#entry2403879

There is a outside chance of such an occurrence taking place before the month is out but don't count those chickens just yet. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Bugger the projected Easterly out in FI, we desperately need a Northerly. Posted Image

Yep, you're right re the Northerly. That's where the cold is; an Easterly at the moment would be a bit of a waste (leave it until early Jan!)

Posted

Yep, you're right re the Northerly. That's where the cold is; an Easterly at the moment would be a bit of a waste (leave it until early Jan!)

That might not necessarily be the case as past events have proven, but I'm hoping/going for the safest option. Posted Image

Posted

That might not necessarily be the case as past events have proven, but I'm hoping/going for the safest option. Posted Image

Alright then, we'll settle for a North Easterly!!!!! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

A welcome increase in Sweden today and ice continues to build around Greenland. Other than that, steady as she goes!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

A welcome increase in Sweden today and ice continues to build around Greenland. Other than that, steady as she goes!

Posted Image

Could do with the negative Scandinavia/western Russia snow anomaly going soon, its been around for nearly two weeks and the ice is bottom of the class in the ice charts, but can't grumble Scotland has got a snow pixel and there is formula one charts (FI) to dream into the reliable!

Posted

post-15601-0-63956900-1353371446_thumb.g steady increase of snow cover for Turkey and Japan

Two pixels of blue positive snow amount comes back to scandi post-15601-0-33118700-1353371894_thumb.p...watch this space!

How the ice is doing post-15601-0-87535400-1353372030_thumb.p

Nice example of a slide to the cooler temps http://www.yr.no/pla...msø/long.html

and a place showing the current warmth being the highest it will be for a while and equal to a 35 year daily high http://weather.glads...rmation〈=en

• Like 1

Posted

It's amazing what being away for a couple of weeks can do when looking at the Snow and Ice charts. IMS looks sooo much better!

IMS? Posted Image

Welcome back but I do feel we're for a bumpy ride until the models start to shift those pesky UK troughs. Ultimately though, I don't think there will be too much damage over Europe when there isn't much to get rid of in the first place. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

IMS?

Posted Image

Natice. The noaa link is natice.noaa.gov/ims I've been calling it IMS (Bad habit)

Edited by IBringTheHammer
  • Like 2