Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowmadsam

A-level, As Level And Gcse Results Day

So are you nervous about your results? I am!

Discuss here :D

I already have my place in uni as I took the entrance exams to get it :D so my A-leves are not as much of a big deal to me as they would have been as I no longer have to get the required amount of marks, however I am still a bit nervous as I would like to get what I have been working towards all year! :)

Good luck guys- but I can give a tale if things don't go to plan!

Back in the summer of 1992, I finished my A Levels and had offers to go to Uni in Carmathen or Hull. However, I wasn't that confident that I'd done that well, so I got myself a summer job at BT as a telephone operator. On results day- well lets just say the grades of E, N and U weren't going to get me to Uni. So the part time summer job led to a full time job and studying on my days off. I then went to Uni here in Plymouth aged 25 and can honestly say it was the best thing I could have done having waited and walked out with 2.2 Hons in Business.

So if it's bad news, its never the end of the road. Just the beginning of a different journey!

How did you do Sunmadsam? I got a pass in Welsh Bacc, C in Geography and C in History, so im happy with them although would of liked a B in geography but oh well can't win all the time! Glad school is over now and looking forward to university! :)

How did you do Sunmadsam? I got a pass in Welsh Bacc, C in Geography and C in History, so im happy with them although would of liked a B in geography but oh well can't win all the time! Glad school is over now and looking forward to university! smile.png

D in Welsh and a U in geography...not good