Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewfox

First Signs Of Christmas In The Shops

I usually have to 'wait' till the end of August before I see some sign of christmas in the shops.

Be it a Christmas pudding at Tesco or a bit of tinsel at a garden centre.

However this year at 1.41pm on August 11th I saw some christmas hats being sold at a local market ?

I would ban Christmas stuff till after 5th November but I know retailers have had a tough time but even so... 11th August !!

I bet santa groto will come out earlier then ever.

When I was in a garden centre/diy store back in June there was a whole corner with christmas stuff in from the globes, to the musical houses that light up and have moving parts, tinsel and santas! Thats the earlierst in the year I have seen christmas stuff in a shop ohmy.png

In Stratford Upon Avon.Cheddar and Bath they have a December 24 shop.That is open 6 days a week all year round...Happy Days....Not going to mention the c word yet....

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Mayan Calendar-believers were right?

We don't see any Christmas stuff until late August, it's completely needless and you're sick to the back teeth of Christmas by the time it comes around.

I'd ban ALL displays in shops until the beginning of December. And I'd ban ALL tacky Christmas songs in shops all together. (SLADE, Cliff, Wizard and all the rest) Ghastly. Just call me KeraunoScrooge. :D

I've heard a rumour that that the young Jesus is going to re-visit Cornwall this year. As you all know he popped in once before. Could explain early preparations.

The Christmas department in Harrods apparently opened at the end of June.

Xmas stuff in June! Makes you wonder if they're getting ready for this year's or are still trying to get over the last one....

I've heard a rumour that that the young Jesus is going to re-visit Cornwall this year. As you all know he popped in once before. Could explain early preparations.

Isn't he in Utah just now, visiting St Mitt?

Will be draping tinsel over the Easter eggs before long.