Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

Your Most Enjoyable Moment Of The Olympics

I realise this is a tad premature as Mo has still to run in the 5000m and if he wins well......... But I've been thinking about this and it's very difficult.

There's Jess, Nicola Adams (what a great personality), Mo and many others in the cycling (Trotty comes close), rowing, sailing, Bolt and Rubisha, but for me, and no doubt I will be alone in this. Mine was was when Charlotte Dujardin and that great little horse Valegro got over 90 in the individual dressage. I was forced to have an early drink.

I find this difficult to pin down as all competitors who have won gold were brilliant.

However, having to work during the games, there have been two moments for me that stand out.

The first was listening to the radio during the double slalom gold and silver medal slalom canoe achievements whilst switching between the double shot gold medal at the same time. Brilliant radio due to the quickfire alternating between the events.

The second of course was the triple gold athletic achievement with Jess Ennis leading the way. Pure television gold.

On another level, watching Sir Steve Redgrave put down his microphone and help the exhausted silver medal rower out of his boat after just missing out on gold brought a lump to my throat.

And the worst moment? It has to be the coverage given to the attention seeking Idowu by Radio 5 whilst their attention should have been concentrating on the Brownlee brothers who were heading towards glory in the triathlon.

I think all home nations footballers should be forced to watch all our medal winners heroic achievements, and how hard they have worked to reach the top of their sport, before ever being allowed to play for their respective nation again.

I find this difficult to pin down as all competitors who have won gold were brilliant.

And the worst moment? It has to be the coverage given to the attention seeking Idowu by Radio 5 whilst their attention should have been concentrating on the Brownlee brothers who were heading towards glory in the triathlon.

I think all home nations footballers should be forced to watch all our medal winners heroic achievements, and how hard they have worked to reach the top of their sport, before ever being allowed to play for their respective nation again.

Agreed on all those points.

Without doubt being sat in the Olympic Stadium with the Javelin run up (and Olympic flame!) in front of us and watching, cheering, as Jess Ennis threw her Personal Best Javelin throw with her 3rd of 3 throws which practically sealed her Heptathlon Gold Medal!

Pendleton beating Meares in the keirin. Sure, she lost to her in the sprint, but I can't help but think she just wanted a gold medal, and any other medal would be an amazing bonus, and she got that gold in a weaker event for her.

The Velodrome was absolutely electric the whole way through, most enjoyable Olympic Sport has to be Track Cycling.

The closing ceremony?laugh.png

Seriously though, the smiles on the faces of the athletes, when they received their medals!

And when Bozo Boris finally confirmed, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he's a complete and utter nincompoop! Go (a long way away!) Boris!rofl.gif

Sally Pearson winning Gold in the hurdles was my most enjoyable sporting moment of the Olympics. smile.png

If I may be indulged, I'll go for 3, Andy Murray in the Tennis, so many cycling golds to go for, The Men's Team Sprint, as France were the favourites, and for a non Team GB perspective, the men's 800m final and the world record being broken.

The best evening has to be last Saturday night for obvious reasons.

My top two if I may,

Andy Murray winning the tennis Gold and three times

silver medalist Katherine Grainger (36) finally securing Gold with

rowing partner Anna Watkins in the double sculls event.

Both Scots ! Go team GB.

I absolutely relished the whole fortnight.

B. :)