Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

Reliable Hosting Service.

I'm with this bunch of wallies http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/02/prime_hosting_backup/ and finally got fed up with them. So I'm waiting for them to finally restore the my site if they can back it up and then move elsewhere.

So who's a reliable hosting service and has anybody got a link to a site that has user reviews.

Cheers anymore folks?

What's your budget TP?

I've been quite happy with 1and1, never really had any issues or down time in three years so I don't know how they perform if you need help.

The 'beginner' package seems a good deal to me.

What's your budget TP?

Considering Prime hosting are expensive for what they offer £100 a year if you pay annually. £120 if you pay monthly. Package details here http://www.primehosting.co.uk/web-hosting

United Hosting www.unitedhosting.co.uk have packages from £5 a month to massive dedicated servers at hundreds per month. Their not going to win in cheapness stakes, but their servers are rock solid and all packages are fully managed, with excellent and fast support. Shared hosting packages include 4 full off-site backups per day via the CDP back up system. They have servers in the UK and US, you can put a site on either.

They've kept Winterhighland online when several other hosting companies have failed to cope with the big weather dependent traffic spikes and loads.

Anymore ?

Web site still not restored amazing incompetency.

I've been quite happy with 1and1, never really had any issues or down time in three years so I don't know how they perform if you need help.

The 'beginner' package seems a good deal to me.

We used 1&1 for a couple of years and never really had a problem.

Fantastic.

Emails now bounce back Primehosting tech support line 24 hour not tells you everything is restored and cuts you off.

Looks like I will have to the restore manually and when I'm happy back it up again and then find a new host.

The question is how easy is to move the domain name.

I've noticed under my client area I'm amazed that it works to be honest are the following entries under release domain New registrar tag. I guess that's something I get from new hosting service.

Normally how it would work is that you'd apply to buy the domain name from your new host, it'll come up as being owned by someone already (you), but you should be able to go through and apply to transfer it, you should then receive an email or notification in your control panel from your current people asking you to confirm the transfer, once that's done it shouldn't take to long to be moved over.

Normally how it would work is that you'd apply to buy the domain name from your new host, it'll come up as being owned by someone already (you), but you should be able to go through and apply to transfer it, you should then receive an email or notification in your control panel from your current people asking you to confirm the transfer, once that's done it shouldn't take to long to be moved over.

Somehow I've got a feeling it won't happen like that.

I think I'll go with host papa. 1st job is to restore the broken web site since Prime Hosting are too incompetent to do that then back it up when happen then talk to host papa.

Started manually restoring the web site. Got the basic bit up you may like my comments on the front page.

So you're pleased with their service then?

So you're pleased with their service then?

What service??I wonder if their obnoxious boss will contact me. Had dealings with him before when I raised a ticket through the cpanel which apparently went to him. Got a torrent of abuse. I could well be tipping into lands of libel though.

I use Hostgator and they charge me between $6-7 a month. I use them as they are one of the best...

Take a look.

Andy Moore

Well I'm transferring to host papa.

For now I've just pointed the domain to host papa under the name servers.

Up and running now need to get domain properly transferred over.

Hey

If any one is in need of web hosting I actually run a hosting company called UKEasyHosting details of our web hosting can be found at https://ukeasyhosting.co I will admit we do not have a large customer base because I have not been running long so if any one is interested then please contact me. I use my own hosting to host my own weather related website http://ukstormwatch.org/viewpage.php?page_id=1 link for our weather data

I have just transferred my site to squrriel hosting. It runs ALOT quicker now :)

Also I have more space and bandwidth. Customer support is really kind to!