Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar Very Slow

Avain

Posted

The radar is very slow to refresh or go back through the recent sequences, takes an age to load the graphic, is there some problem? This is with the V5 and the V6.

Posted

No issues at this end, the V4 & V6 radars are actually on different servers so if you're having problems on both it's likely to be your connection. Perhaps give your router a restart and clear the temporary files in your browser.

Posted

I'm also finding the radar is very slow today. I'm only subscribed to the 'basic' rain radar.

For V6 the page & background map appears quick enough, but the rain radar overlay is taking ages. The animated sequence is not worth using due to the time taken.

For V5, well I've just tried it and after a minute all that appeared is the buttons with no map loading.

Innitially assumed it was a general internet problem. I've restarted route, did a few speed checks, and visited other websites, all with no problems. So everthing appears ok with connection.

The only site I'm having problems with is Netweather and it's only the rain radar overlay.

Posted

There are definitely no issues on the servers etc, I can only assume there's a network problem somewhere between you and the servers as we've checked all is ok & have tested from various locations with no problems at all.

Posted

Still slow for me, but if it was a widespread issue I'd expect a lot of people to be posting about it by now. That points towards a network issue or maybe something amiss with my browser. If it's still playing up tomorrow I'll have a look at the browser.

Posted

Leaving it a day didnt fix the issue. So tried the another 'standard' check and turned my antivirus software off, and it turns out that's where the problems is. Tried two browsers over two computers and its definately the antivrus which is delaying downloads of the rain radar overlay. I completely uninstalled then reinstalled the software in case I'd inadevertanly ajusted a setting, but the problem is still there.

The problem is just with the paid for version of the rain radar overlay (V6) and whole map in V4. The free version has no problems. No problem with the underlying map in V6

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and as the radar appears to be working for everyone else its clearly kaspersky that is getting something wrong. I'm going to post a message on the Kaspersky forums, but are you able to tell me if there have been any changes recently in the way the paid for radar is delivered because the sudden problem implies a change to either Kaspersky or the Radar.

Posted

There have been no changes to the radars of late at all. I've had issues with Kaspersky before, not specifically with the radar but with it's web traffic scanner/filter which I always found to slow down a lot of sites and pages from loading.

Posted

I found a solution without the need to use the Kaspersky forums. The problem is Kaspersky's 'Web Anti-Virus' which is the bit of the software that checks for virues sent over the internet. I've added an exclusion for the Rain Radar overlay and it's solved the problem. For anyone else using Kaspersky who gets the same problem, you need to open up the programme, click on settings, which wil open up a new layer. Then click on 'Web Anti-Virus', then click on settings for 'Web anti-virus', which will open up another layer. Click on settings, then click on the 'Trusted URLs' tab. Click on add, then enter the following *nwstatic.co.uk* (with a star either side). Doing that has fixed it for me.

Not happy with Kaspersky, it's served me well up to now, but if my 'computer literacy' had been average I might never have worked out it was at fault, let alone found a solution.

Paul, thanks for steering me towards the web anti-virus

Edited by jamicu

Posted

Nice catch Jamicu, that was my problem too, now fixed! Thanks for that! Thanks to Paul too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

And me too, Was beginning to get pretty brassed off but Jamicu has done the trick, Thanks for the help. thanks to Guy at admin also