Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Over 100 Consecutive Hours Of Cloud Cover Now!

Posted

Not expecting many responses to this thread - but I feel I have to say something.

Given much of the southern half of the country at least has been experiencing very warm/hot weather and sunshine these past few days, I just thought I'd say we have now endured well over 100 hours of cloud cover since Saturday afternoon with no break. Its a terrible statistic for late July... the persistance of this waving front is quite something.. fingers crossed we might finally see a bit of sunshine tomorrow..

Suspect many others in Cumbria, SW Scotland and N Ireland have endured the same feat, but, it looks like the South Lakes has suffered the most.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I had a brief sample of what you're experiencing today - the cloud rolled in and a featureless sheet of grey prevailed. I was lucky and it broke up and its been mostly good here this week but I can see just how stubborn that decaying front has been in ruining a good warm spell. A trying summer indeed!

Posted

This end of the Lakes was great today, the towering wall of cloud pushed south to around Keswick, and left blue skies above and to the north for most of the day. The sun was hot and we reached 23.1c here. A few miles away it was cloudy with drizzly showers visible just to the east of Keswick

Edit - Sorry Damienslaw, didnt see you had commented on my post in the Summer topic, hopefully Friday will produce some decent sunshine too

Edited by rjd1000

Posted

Edinburgh Gogarbank managed at least a week without sunshine in the first half of the month. I recall the sunshine total for the first two weeks of July was less than three hours. THREE! Things improved after mid-month and it was up to 30 hours by the 22nd, but that's still phenomenally low.

Edited by AderynCoch