Heavy shower

frontal rain

Snow

Hail

sleet

thunderstorms

Edited by Anil Patel

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Snow, Sun and Cold.

Basically December 2010.

I dest humidity although i don't mind heat in April-June when humidity is low.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Dec - March.

Heavy snowfall, bitterly cold winds, ice, hoar frosts/sharp air frosts, blizzards, gale force winds, dense fog

April - May

Heavy downpours, thundery showers, hail, heavy wet snowfall, tornadoes/funnels

June - Sept

Thunderstorms, MCS, Supercells, short lived heat/humidity if it leads to an immense breakdown,

Oct - Nov

Gales, heavy driving rain ( the most boring part of the year for me though )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Very Hot/Humid and sunny or sometimes cloudy and hot is my preferred preference, especially between 28C-40C for long periods as that is when I operate best and feel most happy, sometimes 40C+ now and again but only for short periods, also like snow/frost in winter but also Foehn/Chinook winds which brings 20C+ from time to time during mid-winter easing the cold for awhile, sometimes storms to go with the heat, also wind/rain (especially heavy rain/showers) but only for short periods, favourite climate is either Continental or Mediterranean/Warm/Humid Oceanic, and Hot Desert but due to lack of variation only for short periods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Nov-mid Feb, snow, ice and winter type weather

mar-may, little sun, but very exciting convective setups

june-Aug, no hot sunny weather, generally showery cool Atlantic setup

Sep-Nov, cool and dry, by 0ct, wanting a taste of winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The weather I like ( My List)

sunny

Heavy shower

frontal rain

Snow

Hail

sleet

thunderstorms

Pretty much the same as you, mate...I can't stand sleet though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Extremely sunny all year round. Mild in winter with occasional cold spells. Warm with occasional hot spells in summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Take yesterday and there you go!

Generally as much clear skies as possible.

Summer - lots & lots of sunshine and warm or hot weather. Humidity is great in the evenings especially as well as thunderstorms too.

Winter - snow at times and some hard frosts. Also some milder periods with rain since we need water and to save money with heating.

Spring - lots of sunshine with colder & warm periods. Enjoy random snow in April then fast followed up with some warm sunshine. Contrast is good.

Autumn - the time where gales & rain generally belong... Some nice sunshine at times but Oct-Dec are the time to dump 70% of the UKs rainfall on us - and wind too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Do you really want to know? Oh alright then.

Rain (in all its forms)and the heavier the better

Snow

Cold,

Gales

Fog

More rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

June - August

Partly cloudy skies, temperatures by day 22C, temperatures by night 11C, frequent convection, heavy downpours and thunderstorms, occasional heatwave. Frontal rainfall mostly occurring at night

September - November

Warm to start, followed by lots of heavy frontal rainfall in late September and October/early November, also frosty mornings in October and heavy snowfall in November

December - February

Cold, snowy and frosty, snow is present all the time, some milder periods with thawing

March - April

Cold and snowy to begin with, melting by late March, showery and cool in April and warm in May

Basically, I like four seasons. I appreciate all weather to some extent, though I dislike humidity combined with very warm and hot temperatures.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Hot weather from April to October would do me great, 30-35.c everyday in cloudless skies would be perfect.Some storms every so often during the summer months too.

From November to March pleanty of snowfall from convection and troughs, long sunny periods with bitter cold frosty days. A few warmer interludes bringing very stormy conditions to wash away the snow and strong winds, storms lasting for a day or two then fresh snowfall.

Rinse and repeat!

Posted

All of it,the more extreme the better.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Summer weather hot and sunny whith afternoon@evening t-storms, dec-march cold and snow i did enjoy dec2010 lets hope we get a really good winter this year, last winter we here in parts of brum got just a few hours of snow in feb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tenerife weather

April - September

Sunny, warm temps about 24c

October - March

Cloudy, mild temps, no snow or frosts

Edited by robbie69

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

By far my favourite weather is thunderstorms, but they seem to be taking an extended holiday from our area for some time! However, I also like most types of weather really throughout the year.

I love waking up on crisp, foggy mornings in Winter. Snow as well is nice, but not if it makes me stuck in my house due to impassable roads.

Cool, showery weather in Spring but with enough sunshine in-between to at least get some enjoyment outside.

I enjoy hot sunny weather during the Summer, but with "relief periods" where it freshens up the air and doesn't stay humid and stagnant for too long (preferably a proper thundery breakdown thrown in here and there)

I find the big atlantic storms we can get in autumn/early winter interesting as they develop with strong gales and heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Spring (March - May)

Freak Snowfalls ; Warm Periods ; Sunshine and Showers at times

Summer (June - August)

Warm and Sunny temps from 20c - 28c with nightime lows of 10c so not muggy

Autumn( September - October)

Rain and Wind temps around 15c cooling to around 10c ; First frosts in this period and maybe even a freak snowfall to get you in the mood for the winter ahead!

Winter ( November - February)

Snow , Snow and MORE SNOW in this period everyday a blanket of white fresh crispy easy to walk on snow with a average covering from 30cm - 120cm . A period of thundersnow on a nighttime too as in my local area the chemical works help make it look like daytime as the clouds are soo pink and make it look like daytime in a strange way

Jheeeez its only July and Im getting excited for this winterrrr Keeeeemon! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

November ain't winter though!

Although got to admit it really does feel like it with the pitiful day lengths and low(ish) temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

And April isn't summer, yet people think it needs to be warm and sunny around that time of the year simply because the daylight hours are getting longer.. a white Easter is more likely than a white Christmas, right?

Posted

And April isn't summer, yet people think it needs to be warm and sunny around that time of the year simply because the daylight hours are getting longer.. a white Easter is more likely than a white Christmas, right?

Agree its all down to psychology, september is not that much cooler than june, but by sep the novelty of summer wares off as people are back at work and school so they think it should be getting cold and horrible just cos it gets darker a bit earlier, when in fact sep rarely feels cool to me as many days are about 18-19c the same as june in most years, same example for april and october, there is more chance of frost in april than october but as it gets dark earlier in oct people think october is colder

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

Summer months - warm and sunny with a period of two or three weeks of very warm, muggy weather with thunderstorms in the evening and night. The odd day or two of rain to freshen things up and keep the farmers happy.

Autumn - mild start with some showery days as lower sun adds to grandeur of showery skyscapes. Later - crisp sunny days perfect for bonfires and leaf jumping. Some early frosts are pleasant as they kill off the insects and give better autumn colours.

Winter - snow in January but not for too long please - February should be wet and mild to fill up our coffers. March a mix of rain and sun - not too warm. please - still crisp with just an augur of spring. April - much sunnier but with some rain for the flowers. May - lush days with some showers but plenty of sun.

Too much to ask? search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I am able to find at least some interest in most types of weather, with the notable exception of stratus/stratocumulus sheets.

Sunny spells mixed with convective precipitation goes down as my favourite overall type of weather, particularly when there are dramatic downpours with snow, hail and/or thunder. Dry with plentiful sunshine ranks second.

In terms of synoptics I prefer a mixture, some anticyclonic spells (but preferably not cloudy anticyclones), some mild showery west to south-westerlies, some cold showery Arctic incursions with winds vectored between NW and ENE, and some warm southerlies. In winter this would ideally give us alternating mild and cold spells with some snowfalls in the cold spells, while in summer, we'd be talking a mix of warm dry sunny spells, hot thundery spells and cooler bright showery spells. In spring and autumn, an "episodic" mix with some wintry showers during the Arctic outbreaks but also some tastes of summer when we get southerlies.

Posted

I love how much everybody loves winter on this forum.

Posted

Clear sunny days with a strong fresh breeze and temperatures around 19-25c is definitely my favourite with low humidity, 26/27c is also bearable when its like this, e.g Late May, the Late September/Early October spell and the March warm spell.

Also hot thundery weather, particularly evening/night-time storms, none of those rubbish fast moving thundery showers from a chilly westerly, im talking the proper beefy lightning/washout storms we used to get with warm-hot weather, and also on the flip side in winter events like 28th January 2004.

Posted

I love how much everybody loves winter on this forum.

I like winter if its the stormy rainy and gales type winter, oh and mild too

Thats what British winter is meant to be like being an Atlantic island

I hate bitterly cold stagnant weather in winter which is as boring as the grey drizzle we have seen so much of here this summer

My favourite weather is warm and thundery setups in summer were you can sit in the garden in warm sun but a thunderstorm is lurking on the horizon