Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Monday 23rd July 2012 - Weather And General Chat

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Rather warm and fairly humid today.

Cloud early but sunny intervals from mid morning. Better sunny spells pm. Moderate to fresh southerly wind.

post-2595-0-49127700-1343067652_thumb.jppost-2595-0-08943300-1343067661_thumb.jppost-2595-0-75582600-1343067676_thumb.jp

Min: 14.4c @ 0600

Max: 22.2c (1c adjustment)

Dry again yesterday and today.

Currently: Sunny intervals

Temp: 19.5c

RH: 62%

Pressure: 1020mbar, falling slowly.

post-2595-0-73181000-1343067689_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A warm, dry and breezy day with long spells of sunshine but areas of broken Sc moving down from the W/NW at times.

At 1800 g.m.t;

Temp', 21.3c

Max' today, 23.1c

Min' last night, 11.4c

Grass min', 10.0c

Rainfall from 0800 -1800 g.m.t, nil

Sunshine today so far, 11.06 hrs

Mean wind speed, 10 mph SW

Highest gust today, 36 mph SW at 1110 g.m.t

2 oktas Cu humilis and, on the northern horizon, Cs

Vis', over 80 km.

Posted

Glorious sunshine here all day for the 3rd day in a row. Well a little bit of cloud first thing but it was soon gone. Max temp 25.9c, following on from 23.9c yesterday and 24.1c the day before, the warmest temperatures here since last October - remember that fantastic autumn warm spell we had then!

It's great to see some sunshine as it's the Royal Welsh Show this week in this part of the world and it's great to see everyone so happy in the sunshine.

Posted

Did you not get the heat in May we had 28c?

Posted

Now it's cooled down a bit it's lovely outside, sitting outside evening weather is one of my favourite things about warm spells and makes me envious of warmer climates when it's cool here!

Posted

Did you not get the heat in May we had 28c?

Quite possibly - my weather station was offline for a few weeks in May so I can't know for sure. So I was being a bit melodramatic in the since last October comment ;-)

Posted

Glorious day on the whole with long spells of sunshine, a bit more cloud between 1:30-4pm but soon cleared up again after that.

Rather gusty winds this morning gradually eased through the afternoon, high was 23.7c, currently 18.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Clear, 20.3C

Posted

From Burnham-on-Sea I could see a light veil of alto-stratus starting over the welsh coast in the far distance but apart from that not a cloud has been seen all day. Fabulous summer day - and quite hot just inland. We're not used to this!

I noted insect life making up for lost time today - gnats and flies everywhere out in the country lanes.

This makes a change from previous years when it was a south-east/rest of the country divide. North - we feel your pain!