Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greeny

Storm Came Through On 18-07-2012

I have pictures and video of a pretty severe storm that passed through Norwich. Plenty of lightning and very heavy rain for 10 minutes with moderate wind gusts whilst the rain came through. Initially I was in the kitchen cleaning and I heard some rumbles. I looked outside and saw the grey clouds slowly moving over but it was fairly slow and gentle. I looked over to the usual place storms come from over the houses and saw what looked like a nice sunset with grey clouds. I decided to take a trip to the best viewing point near me which is on the road next to the airport. I have been there many times watching storms come over or passed us there. I was amazed to see a nicely structured active storm approaching me! Also looked like the storm was a rotating one. Does this look like the makings of a supercell? Anyway I have posted the pics and will post the link to the video once I have sorted it here too.

Please tell me what you think.

post-7331-0-02802400-1342821226_thumb.jp post-7331-0-94330000-1342821198_thumb.jp post-7331-0-81827200-1342821246_thumb.jp

post-7331-0-41945400-1342821266_thumb.jp post-7331-0-65584900-1342821282_thumb.jp

post-7331-0-90376400-1342821298_thumb.jp post-7331-0-17809200-1342821320_thumb.jp

This storm did produce some tornados, pics on anglia news website, when storm was over wymondham I Definatley saw a revolving base where I thought one was going to drop, only a few hundred yards from the house too. Was a spectacular storm to view but not lots of frequent lightening.

On the video although in the distance there was a lowering of cloud which looked sinister but I cannot confirm a funnel. I text someone that night saying I would not be surprised if we hear about a funnel or tornado during the storms on the news somewhere. Low and behold I was right lol

very nice set of photos greenday , i saw lightning towards norwich on wednesday evening, and a small storm tracked 8 miles to my north, got some video of the closer storm infrequent lightning though..

Its a shame that the 1 near you didn't produce as much lightning. The storm here was pretty spectacular. Frequent pink lightning as you will see in the videos when I post them. Just encoding the first video which is the video taken after the pictures. There are some audio silences as I didn't like my voice on it biggrin.png

Edit: In the video I pan further round as there was a shelf cloud I didn't take a photo of.

Ok here's the first video.

Second part smile.png

Nice pics/videos and write up mate! I was on the same storm but further South just outside of Trowse, it really was the most active daytime storm I've seen in years!

My photos etc here;