Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angelici Magiovinium

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 20th 2012>

You little optimist rofl.gif

If it would just stay dry for 2 days I could get the grass cut and top some fields. It really has been awful for the last 3 days (barring Wed evening's TS)

Very heavy rain just to the north of clacton, some places near colchester have had nearly an inch of rain so far today

It has become very dark here. Kind of stuck at work, due to the poxy A12. Will watch what unfolds...

Recent radar.

post-11059-0-28429800-1342801919_thumb.p

It's gone very dark with an impressive black cloud overhead. Sadly I think the worst of it is going to pass me by to the north :(

You little optimist rofl.gif

If it would just stay dry for 2 days I could get the grass cut and top some fields. It really has been awful for the last 3 days (barring Wed evening's TS)

Well it might be 3 hot days and a thunderstorm but right now I'd settle for that angel.gif

Guest archiesmummy

One rumble of thunder.......that's all I have to say on the matter, I'll be ok....

any information on those heavy line of showers? any lightning??

any information on those heavy line of showers? any lightning??

Lightning indicator is showing a few strikes, but nothing major, south of Chelmsford.

Raining, but nothing major here, north of Chelmsford.

Down in Dover now, had to ride back through that storm along the a2,bits by danson park and black prince were flooded. And now omw back home to medway I get to say hello to the storm again. :'(

Just thrown it down here and I thought I heard one rumble but it's doubtful. Could have been something on the river. :)

Still stuck at work, as the thought of joining a 13 mile traffic queue isn't a great one. I've no easy option of avoiding it either.sad.png

Moderate rain here at the moment.

Looks like another squall developing to the north west of London in the Bedford towards Oxford in a diagonal line,

lets see what happensacute.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Raining pouring here now....hope it clears up by 9pm or we won't be going to the fire festival unsure.png

Fingers crossed for you!

Raining pouring here now....hope it clears up by 9pm or we won't be going to the fire festival unsure.png

Hope it clears for you Hun. :)

Could be a real lightning show next friday. A system moving up from Spain is really going to pack a punch if the charts verify. The southern half of the UK could get soaked with torrential rain/showers. With the residual warm air in place and the moist air moving up from the south meeting, thunderstorms could break out widely. CAPE forecasts at this range are indicating 1600 j/kg in the extreme south-east with 1000 j/kg indicated generally. Cooler air coming down from the North from a deepening low pressure system will hit this moist plume, where both of them meet might tell you where the heaviest of the rain will be, but at the moment...it's looking like a total washout.

Did run back through that storm on the way home! Stopped and took a couple of pics....

Just about to pass under the storm front..post-17057-0-08707800-1342813005_thumb.j

And looking back at it after getting a soaking underneath it...post-17057-0-36667500-1342813009_thumb.j

Pics were taken just before/after the A2/M2 roundabout.

Could be a real lightning show next friday. A system moving up from Spain is really going to pack a punch if the charts verify. The southern half of the UK could get soaked with torrential rain/showers. With the residual warm air in place and the moist air moving up from the south meeting, thunderstorms could break out widely. CAPE forecasts at this range are indicating 1600 j/kg in the extreme south-east with 1000 j/kg indicated generally. Cooler air coming down from the North from a deepening low pressure system will hit this moist plume, where both of them meet might tell you where the heaviest of the rain will be, but at the moment...it's looking like a total washout.

Stratford, I reckon.

Charts showing a lift index of -7 for the far south, -7 would bring very unstable air, severe thunderstorms would be a guarantee as long as all the mechanisms are in place.

Rtavn15611.png

Rtavn15617.png

Rtavn1561.png

Rtavn1564.png

Rtavn1624.png

cor nightime storm if that came off

that would make a change

Yes, that looks good.biggrin.png Something to look forward to, even if it doesn't materialise.

now lets confuse everyone

fax chart

PPVE89.gif?31415

gfs rainfall

Rtavn244.png

Rtavn304.png

the fax has a 1026 high pressure above us

now if correct we may get a very light shower at best

and i would realistically expect it to be dry

and that is for tomorrow cc_confused.gif