Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

going to be painful watching those storms over ireland die over the irish sea :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

there are storms over the west midlands right now :S

not according to the lightning detectors there isn't!

Posted

if Peterborough not under water or got some bad flooding i be amassed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

going to be painful watching those storms over ireland die over the irish sea sad.png

Equally painful watching that heavy rain area die out as it approaches Norwich....watch it intensify as it goes past :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

Nothing appears to be happening here today, What a let down!

same here matty. all the action was about 5 miles south of here. had a few rumbles and a couple of distant flashes and a few spots of rain. i believe some areas around lincoln etc have localized flooding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

6 storms this year and your only 70 miles away from me who's had 0.

Could be that most of the storms developed in the west and intensified as they moved East.That's been the pattern for most of the summer!!.I wouldn't worry though you still beat me hands down when it comes to who's got the better football team!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

if Peterborough not under water or got some bad flooding i be amassed

River Nene looked to be toppling over its banks, put it that way !

Posted

No lightning or thunder within it but a cracking squall line edging through Somerset/Wiltshire at the moment, it's knocking on the door of my

town at the moment and could give around half an inch in an hour if it lasts long enough.

As an aside, AJ, please stop your moaning (unless it's tongue in cheek) because the storm you had on 28th June may have been in the

day time but you heard constant thunder for however long as it affected your area. This year I witnessed a thundery rain event with 5 or 6

flashes one night at the end of April and heard 1 rumble a few Fridays ago while others have had even less than that - I and they would LOVE

to have what you did on that day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

If you mean Liverpool FC then yeah, but Everton, NA.

Anyway, still sunny here and I am beginning to think the wind has turned too westerly and nutrelised my chances!?

Posted

Nothing appears to be happening here today, What a let down!

Is today finished at 16.10hrs then??!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Is today finished at 16.10hrs then??!!!!!!!

No but it just doesnt feel right. I no longer have that 'feeling' if you know what I mean.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No lightning or thunder within it but a cracking squall line edging through Somerset/Wiltshire at the moment, it's knocking on the door of my

town at the moment and could give around half an inch in an hour if it lasts long enough.

As an aside, AJ, please stop your moaning (unless it's tongue in cheek) because the storm you had on 28th June may have been in the

day time but you heard constant thunder for however long as it affected your area. This year I witnessed a thundery rain event with 5 or 6

flashes one night at the end of April and heard 1 rumble a few Fridays ago while others have had even less than that - I and they would LOVE

Andy, I don't appreciate the 'insulting' tone of your post.....You should very well know that it's tongue-in-cheek...I have NEVER moaned about the weather on this or any other forum, in fact quite the opposite, I make a habit of normally ramping the prospects of exciting weather, if nothing else, to stop the true 'moaners' who frankly make some of these threads painful to read....I am quite frankly annoyed that you've singled out my particular post, yet have not commented on the numerous other genuine 'moaning' posts!!!.......If you would like to discuss this further, please pm me to avoid taking the thread off topic....regards, AJ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We had thunder and lightning here about an hour ago.

Posted

at least its not raining here- heavy drizzle makes a refreshing change....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking like we could potentially have some more soon, sun is out and there's dark clouds that look to be convecting well to the West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Yes AJ if anyone moans on here, it's me! You seem to stick up for the west and try and give objective comments on the expected conditions which I often find very useful. .

Posted

Should have said you , on the other hand.

Posted

No but it just doesnt feel right. I no longer have that 'feeling' if you know what I mean.

Is it your age?????? :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Is it your age?????? wink.png

HAHA!

I suppose there is still time although nothing is or has been showing on Radar to my West all day. Still got a few hours to go but the suns energy is getting weaker as the day goes on.

There is still hope. If I dont get anything im sure i will before the summers out.

For people getting storms hope you're enjoying them.

Edited by mattyk1985

Posted

...the Fax outputs are showing quite nicely whats happening at the mo.....a trough straddling southern counties giving some heavy showery rain, a cold front straddling central parts, with scattered showers and thunderstorms being enhanced by forcing along the cold front and also by low level convergence over eastern counties, and another trough over eastern parts of Ireland giving some heavy showers with the odd thunderstorm

....FAX chart link... http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=fax;sess=7f6debbe6d6e7522cf0a70b40086ac94

Posted

Looking at the Radar there is plenty happening to the south and north of me but as usual sod all happening on the North Herts / South Cambs border.

Oh what an anticlimax :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Heavy rain for a short while but nothing biblical/apocalyptic/monsoon like*

*Delete as appropriate :D

One rumble of thunder heard as it intensified t'other side of Norwich. Not a thunderstorm in my book!

Posted

Yellow Warning of Hype for North East Wales and North West England valid from 1400 Wed 18 Jul to 0000 End of Time

issued at: 1151 on Wed 18 Jul 2012

Valid from: 1400 on Wed 18 Jul 2012

Valid to: The End of Time

Bands of nothing and excessive bursts of hype are likely this afternoon into the early evening. These could be accompanied by fairytales and myths.

The public should be aware of the risk of falling into the trap of believing this hype which will lead to inevitable disappointment and frustration. There is also a low risk of more significant disruption to mental health as a result of these repeated let downs and busted flushes.

http://www.notthemet...A9D1F135A7_1_SW

Couldn't resist it.blum.gif

spot on,

heavy thundery showers mentiond in the beeb forcast for NW england by her on the telly,

I just laughed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

That line of rain hit frome at 1530 and it was Biblical, rivers running down the roads and drains over flowing, it was mad!! right as the school kicked out!!! drowned rat springs to mind!!

fromey