Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I'd bet my life those potent showers over the irish sea will die

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

And another approaching, the skies to my West are angry..... will this be #4 today?

It's confirmed, storm no.4 with 3 rumbles per minute.

Posted

Another storm just to my south with plenty of thunder, should hit Southend in the next 10 minutes! That's my 3rd today :-))

There is yet another storm to my west...been an amazing day for storms passing through today

Posted

Not quite had the beasties of yesterday here but had a potent shower about half an hour ago a few lighter ones throughout the day before that one though

Posted

There is yet another storm to my west...been an amazing day for storms passing through today

Same here, had 4 or 5 Different Thunderstorms, the 2nd and 3rd with nice Hail as well, now currently big booms to my east and more Lightning seen to the West. Best Storm day for years and just one of those days when everything Sferic wise has intensified over SE Essex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

First cracks of thunder of day here,gone very black to the east.Nottingham could see some action, as storm is moving away from here.

Posted

I hope this holds together for you. So far 7 IC and 4 CG strikes with amazing thunder, gotta go cos I'm missing it!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

4 thunderstorms in one day? OMG OMG! I tell you we're lucky to get 4 rumbles in a day let alone 4 storms. Why dont things like that happpen up here? Cry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

4 thunderstorms in one day? OMG OMG! I tell you we're lucky to get 4 rumbles in a day let alone 4 storms. Why dont things like that happpen up here? Cry.

Maybe your turn tomorrow AFAIK, but I'll leave that to others to inform us all for now.

Posted

#5 heading in, I can still hear #4 rumbling as it tracks to my East, what a day this has been!

Posted

Nothing in Leeds suppose we have had one storm this year so we can't be greedy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I hope so. PS AFAIK?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I hope so. PS AFAIK?

I try to avoid text speak but it's "as far as I know" good.gif

Posted

O yes, As Far As I Know, sorry, my thick!

Posted

Wow Storm number 6 is the best yet, no hail this time but 2 very and I mean very close Cg's here in SS9, Just one of those lucky days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Storm envy not one roll of thunder! P***** off!

Aye, Chloe. Zilch here, too!

Posted

Storm envy not one roll of thunder! P***** off!

That is incredibly unlucky, have you had earphones on or have you not got a good look at outsidesearch.gif as today, London, more especially Essex has been the place to be. Check out these posts from the SE forum and also many others from there too.

http://forum.netweat...00#entry2344473

http://forum.netweat...00#entry2344499 and the attached thumbnail.

You are so unlucky at that rate. cray.gif

Better luck next time all and here's to a gold medal or two tonight? drinks.gif

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

not a thing here to I sould not be to greedy i had 4 all reday )

That's about three more than I had, in twenty-years' in the Sneck!laugh.png

Posted

Can Paul or someone else please provide us with one of those total Lightning Strikes chart thingies later on.

That should make interesting viewing, although not for all of us of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lots and lots of rain last night and this morning, and I heard one rumble of thunder.

30.2mm so far, and that pushes the monthly total to over 200mm

morning all ,lack of sleep sent me to bed early last night ,just [5 .30 am ] got woke up by mother nature .then as i went out our back for my first fag 5..40 am a brilliant thunder bolt followed by 5min of realy intense rain ,still raining hard , seems to be moving in from the west or slightly south of west , not much showing on radar so must be forming quite quickly ,just noticed on current fax chart a trough moving east today ,clearing the east later . temp outside is quite chilly .look foreward to posts today as could be very interesting for local areas later today once the sun gets in on the act .intensity now dropped but sky out west looks dark .certainly a day of radar watching cheers legritter ,

Was an impressive bout of weather between 5 and 6 this morning, with a red/orange front to the cell as it came in as the sun rose. Loved the sound of clear, crisp thunder too as opposed to the muffled trumps that occur when it's humid. In fact, it sounded like thunder we get in wintry showers.

Been a lovely day since 11am though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

heard a distant boom from that storm heading to the north of ipswich about 30 mins ago , and two rumbles 14.40 14.30 , hope the showers over herts may pep up soon....search.gif

Posted

4.30pm we had a storm scraping through Buxton and backbuilt for the last half hour at least. Completely dry and sunny this end of the Goyt Valley but looking down towards the Buxton side it was pretty dark with some fork's spitting out the bases. Counted at least 5 rumbles and 4 visual lightning strikes with some nice scud spinning round the base aswell.