Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather-history

Favourite British Olympics Moment?

What was your favourite British moment in past Olympics?

Torville and Dean ice skating dance routine winning gold at Sarajevo?

Coe v Ovett at the Moscow Olympics?

Daley Thompson body flip at the Los Angeles Olympics?

Steve Redgrave's 5th gold at Sydney Olympics?

Kelly Holmes double gold at Athens?

The British 4x100m relay team's unexpected gold?

Tessa Sandersan gold, Fatima Whitbread bronze in1984 at LA

Dixon and Nash - 2 man bobsleigh 1964 and 1965

shouting at the TV to bring Linford Christie home at Barcelona. I never thought I'd live to see a British man win the 100 metres with all of the world's best there (no disrespect to Alan Wells).

shouting at the TV to bring Linford Christie home at Barcelona. I never thought I'd live to see a British man win the 100 metres with all of the world's best there (no disrespect to Alan Wells).

Apparently on the telly the other day some guy was saying he was Jamaican who ran for Britain.... did love steve ovett beating coe in moscow...and winning the olympic hockey gold in 1988...bazza davies "where were the germans?, but frankly who cares!"

bazza davies "where were the germans?, but frankly who cares!"

- that takes me back

As for my ones, the first Olympics I remember was the 84 one at Sarajevo

so 1984 .... Torville and Dean,

As for summer Olympics Daley of course

1988 Barry Davies above

1992 Chris Boardman winning in the cycling. and Christie and Gunnell athletics.

1996 Regrave winning our only gold.

2000 Jonathan Edwards winning the triple jump

2004 in addition to the others Chris Hoy [1km] and Barley Wiggins [4km] Cycling Golds

2008 Nicole Cooke winning the women's road race cycling starting the gold rush, but also the complete domination of the British cycling team winning 7 golds out of 10 events [with 3 silvers and 2 bronze in addition] in the track cycling disciplines.

Lynn the Leap, 1964. Great athlete. Pity he was Welsh.

Agree with this one. The men's 100m final, to me, is the blue riband event of the Olympics and the one event I'll make an effort to watch, wherever I am.

Agree with this one. The men's 100m final, to me, is the blue riband event of the Olympics and the one event I'll make an effort to watch, wherever I am.

for all of 9 seconds!!!!!!!!!! the build up to that is unreal, this year im hoping the wimbledon tennis will be good, although I would think not much on tv

for all of 9 seconds!!!!!!!!!! the build up to that is unreal, this year im hoping the wimbledon tennis will be good, although I would think not much on tv

Yes and it's bound to have the highest viewing figures too of any of the competitions. I also like the heats and semis etc. too, as well as the build up.

One of my favourites apart from the Ovett drop out moment. Amazing how Coe suddenly finds an extra gear in the home stretch.

Not saying it was my favourite but I really enjoyed the British victory in the men's coxless fours rowing in 2008. It looked like they were too far behind but to seem them eating up the water and then overtaking the Australians was a magic moment for me.

The opening ceremony of the Athens Olympics in 2004. Most cringe worthy moment.......Boris Johnson at the close of the Beijing Olympics. Oh dear.