Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 12th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Thanks for all your replies folks. smile.png I'm still on a learning curve round here. It's lovely and warm and sunny here in Ippy. Waiting for rain to arrive later on. Might there be some......ah, you know....that flashy bangy stuff we all crave. biggrin.png

Well the Met Office warning for Saturday gives hope too.biggrin.png Eternal hope... Wasn't 'hope' one of the things in Pandora's Box?

Edited by Steve C

Posted

I see JP is currently 'Top of The Pops!' in the posters chart. Coast has occupied that spot quite a lot recently, and a fair few of us are in there now too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I was one of the top posters one day last week. Blimus, and to think two months ago I'd never even HEARD of Netweather. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Whether anyone understands what I'm on about, I'm going to mention it anyway. Despite the fact that this weather front is bringing a lot of rain, it isn't bringing a lot of cloud. It's still sunny here with puffy white clouds even though the band of rain is only an hour or so away, usually there is a lot of cloud cover before the rain sets in, however this hasn't been the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Eww... just looked at the radar that nasty rain is getting nearer, it's just this side of Oxford now but hopefully we can enjoy another dry hour or so here before it arrives, I will be working by then anyway - today has been warm and sunny and really quite pleasant so far but Friday and Saturday look like being a complete wash out !

Whether anyone understands what I'm on about, I'm going to mention it anyway. Despite the fact that this weather front is bringing a lot of rain, it isn't bringing a lot of cloud. It's still sunny here with puffy white clouds even though the band of rain is only an hour or so away, usually there is a lot of cloud cover before the rain sets in, however this hasn't been the case.

regardless of cloud..THATS A WHOLE LOT OF RAIN! And its ment to stall spin up! :S:S:S

Guest archiesmummy

I see JP is currently 'Top of The Pops!' in the posters chart. Coast has occupied that spot quite a lot recently, and a fair few of us are in there now too!

How do you see that info?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Just seen the radar! Bad day to be a bike courier. So,if a Thames streamer happened, how many miles inland of the Thames would lt is affect?

Posted

Just seen the radar! Bad day to be a bike courier. So,if a Thames streamer happened, how many miles inland of the Thames would lt is affect?

Draw a straight line from Chelmsford to Maidstone, that's the area from North to South, the showers can then move inland through the Midlands.

Posted

No chance of Thames Streamer today my friend. For starters we'd need an easterly wind with much cooler air for showers to get going. This is a frontal feature coming in from the west.

The Feb 09 streamer I seem to remember left decent amounts of snow as far inland as Oxford and beyond!

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted

How do you see that info?

'Netweather Community Forums' link, towards the top of this page, then near the bottom of the next page is the section.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

You can see the dividing point between the beautiful weather and the impending gloom.

post-15503-0-90275300-1342105232_thumb.j

Posted

Rain also arrived in the city

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Darker cloud just arriving from the south, rain not too far behind...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

clouding over here now....bye bye blue sky and lovely sunshine cray.gif

Posted

As others have mentioned, rain knocking on the door here but can still see the dividing line between blue sky and cloud, very strange considering the rain is 15 minutes away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hooray docs appointment tonight i developed SAD...Time of work,Shame they dont offer a fornight in the sun...

Gloomy skies

Dull days are depressing for anyone, and make it hard to remember the warmth and brightness of last summer's sunshine. But for some, gloomy weather can make them mentally ill.

A second service offered by the Met Office provides alerts when two or more gloomy days are forecast for individuals who suffer depression or other mental problems in winter – Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is the technical term. Those signed up to the scheme are provided with a light box, a manual for cognitive behaviour therapy [self-administered] and an information leaflet on the importance of eating well and exercise, paid for by their primary care trusts.

Mr Elliott admits he was a late convert to the cause, but is now convinced of the value of the service and is looking for new primary care trusts to adopt it, especially in Scotland – arguably the gloomiest place in the British Isles. "Two years ago we were approached by Cornwall PCT who had reviewed their mental health services and found this issue – the weather – came very high up in the list of factors that people said affected their mood. It was across the spectrum from those with severe psychosis to people complaining of poor performance and irritability at work. We ran a pilot scheme in Cornwall with 90 people last year and this year we are extending it to over 200 in Trafford, Bracknell and Manchester as well as Cornwall again. When an extended period of gloomy weather is forecast lasting two or more days we alert them by text message or email – they tend to be younger than the respiratory disease patients – to get their light boxes out."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

clouding over here now....bye bye blue sky and lovely sunshine cray.gif

sad.png it was nice while it lasted, even sitting inside at work I could feel the Vitamin B!

Back to working on this tonight then....

clear.gif

clear.gifnoahs-ark1.jpg

Edited by Teamjollie
pic didn't upload :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Rain in Southwark.....Its about time, its been about 13 hours since its rained

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As others have mentioned, rain knocking on the door here but can still see the dividing line between blue sky and cloud, very strange considering the rain is 15 minutes away.

Same here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Very cloudy in NW1. Based on 27th floor of an office block. It is difficult to see if it is raining outside but certainly it has become very cloudy suddenly. It is also misty in the distance which seems to indicate that it is raining not too far away.

Has the rain arrived earlier that predicted this morning on BBC Breakfast?

Posted

Radar has gone weird for me, when you zoom in on postcode

Edited by dallas