Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And again, a couple of rumbles, only little cells but good none the less.

Looking black just to the north of me here (just missed me - DOH!) - so yes you may well get a good pasting from that line of showers!

Been getting hit by those, some torrential downpours, had some hail too.

No thunder though as usual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Nice sunny blue skies here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Anyone wana help plug up the Bristol Channel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

If only it was warm, tropical, clean water..............

Keeping an eye on the stuff hugging the South Wales coast currently around Swansea area, but deep down I'm not expecting nothing here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Very dark skies to my North. Part of the line thats giving out sferics just to our NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Snow, Heatwaves and extreme weather.

That is the best storm Ive seen for MANY years! Torrential rain, huge hail and lots of lightning.

Posted

That is the best storm Ive seen for MANY years! Torrential rain, huge hail and lots of lightning.

It pepped just just as it hit Guildford, went into the garden for a look and it looked awesome, I do believe that's the same cell that someone commentated that it was rotating as it passed oxford....

I think we've not seen the last of the day though...some more headed south-east towards us which might just do the same.

Edited by YokTok

Posted

Why?

If that happened there would be far far less showery and potentially thundery activity in this region!

Such as the line of downpours which affected Somerset into Wiltshire this morning that went on to develop into the first storms further

South by the 2nd half of the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Ok the weather is officially wierd! It's been 13oC all day so a bit chilly and there were the earlier storms. Just been outside for a smoke and had to take my sweatshirt off coz it's blazing hot sunshine. Temp now up to 15.3oC and rising. To my east the sky is blue with puffy white clouds but to my west (Southampton direction) the sky is a menacing dark grey and I am 99.9% sure I'm hearing more thunder!!! No strikes showing on the radar so am I cracking up??? wacko.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Amazing how many different wind directions are occuring at the moment, several storms seemed to have been on a crash course with me today and have veered away only a couple of miles before hand, and the different layers of clouds its easy to see the inflows to the larger storms!

Posted

If only it was warm, tropical, clean water..............

Keeping an eye on the stuff hugging the South Wales coast currently around Swansea area, but deep down I'm not expecting nothing here.

Yeah, same AWD. Too much dissapointment this year so far to get excited. If it was Tropical clean and warm, I'd be swimming in it lol.

Lightning strikes currently taking a trip down the M4 to London. So long.....

Posted

Girlfriend just reported thunder and lightning in Stroud. Oh my god I'm so close!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Typical, Storm to my south now.

Im gonna go home and give up.

Laters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Oh what a surprise, I'm no longer in Reading and there's a storm there. No doubt there'll be a storm in Cannock over the weekend when I go back down south for a bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Torrential rain from a seemingly innocuous cell here. And........TWO RUMBLES OF THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (from an entirely different cell)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I cannot believe how powerful that storm was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Another disappointing day, and latest GFS run has moved all the cape southwards for this evening so thats it then. Its just so hard to get a storm these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

What !! OMG I am literally only just down the road and totally missed that !! Gutted ! 4 (and a half) rumbles of thunder is all I have had this year !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What !! OMG I am literally only just down the road and totally missed that !! Gutted ! 4 (and a half) rumbles of thunder is all I have had this year !

4 and a half more than I've had in 2 :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Brief heavy shower at Guildford at 3:20 pm to 3:25 pm - about 1.5 mm.

Thunder as large cumulus moves away at 3:28 pm. The heavy shower fell from partially clear skies with the large cumulus overhead and very dull skies immediately to the south and S.E.

Thunder at 3:33 pm then lightning on rear of large Cu at 3:41 pm with thunder about 20 secs later - cell 4 miles away eg. over Chilworth.

Lightning in Cu which was glaciating (developing anvil) at 3:51 pm.

Possible hail shafts seen on rear edge at this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Typical, Storm to my south now.

Im gonna go home and give up.

Laters

Haha that must of been the one that passed too far to my North. Typical ey? Showers to your west are still intensifying though so who knows you might get lucky?

Some more showers going along s wales heading my way. Met Office forecasting these to die out though and they look to be tracking in a patch too far north again

Edited by Chris K