Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Only Another 7 Weeks Until...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

thats a tad depressing Nicey.... we still might get an Indian Summer with temps up in the early 20's in October... it has been known.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think I once read that statistically October will provide a temperature of 21C / 70F, or higher, in about 2 out of 3 years, somewhere in the country.smile.png

However the loss of daylight is a big negative, whatever the temperature, if hot sunshine is your preferred weather type.

Hopefully we'll have something before then. I guess if the summer holidays ended up being fine, then all this wet and cool weather will quickly become forgotten in the eyes of people who take no more than a passing interest in the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Summer is boring - roll on winter.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Odd's on Autumn seeing the years hottest temperature, I wouldn't bet against it

Anything is possible so we could still see some hot weather in August. We've seen some good warm spells in March and May and I'm sure after this disapointing period for warmth we may see some warm conditions in Autumn. Having some warm conditions in Autumn is great but I don't want a repeat of last Autumn which was our summer and it felt so out of sync. We've not had a "normal summer" so far and I'd rather see a normal autumn.

Even in any winter without cold or snow conditions, I wouldn't want Spring to be "our winter" - instead I'd rather see a seasonal Spring, sunshine, varied weather conditions, some summery conditions and some wintry conditions and at times notable. The same goes with Autumn, but because we've not see anything much in the way in warmth I'd quite like see some good warm or even hot spells/days which are a good characteristic of Autumnal weather in our islands.

Posted

I'm hoping for...

September- A stormy beginning followed by a cool second half with the first frosts recorded, alot of fog and mist would be nice.

October- A hot spell like last October to give us one last fleeting appearance of summer. Followed by a northerly bringing the first wintry showers/widespread frosts with it becoming increasingly unsettled towards the end of the month.

November- Deep areas of low pressure bringing winds of 70mph followed by cool north westerlies with sunshine and wintry showers. This stormy/PM pattern lasting till around the 20th when a bitterly cold Easterly prevails lasting till the start of January .

smiliz19.gif

Posted

Summer is boring - roll on winter.

and so will this winter be, as it will probably be mild and dry again zzzzzzzzz, roll on next summer, actually that will be the same as this one, wet and cool

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

A repeat of last years heatwave would be good only this time it could be a little earlier in September so we can see 30c. Watching the footy last October wearing shorts and tshirt was incredible.

Posted

and so will this winter be, as it will probably be mild and dry again zzzzzzzzz, roll on next summer, actually that will be the same as this one, wet and cool

Last winter wasn't boring - December and January had severe gales and February had a potent cold spell with snow - exciting in my opinion, and hardly 'mild'.. it was only really mild in bonny Scotland and NI.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Last winter wasn't boring - December and January had severe gales and February had a potent cold spell with snow - exciting in my opinion, and hardly 'mild'.. it was only really mild in bonny Scotland and NI.

true there were severe gales in december, even here, but im talking from IMBY really like most probably do, and it was mild for long periods of the winter, blossom was out in early january, we had a few days of snow and cold in feb and that was about it. the second half of feb was about 15c 16c pretty much the same as it is right now, what a joke

i just hope we don't see a repeat of last winter but i fear we may, though i am a pessimist

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

Still far more than this summer.. well, places did get those severe storms of course, so for them probably more exciting. For the people of Lincolnshire, which had 15cm of snow and temperatures down to -16C, last winter wasn't too bad.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

people want more though, a few cold snowy days out of 90 is not enough, even if it was notable

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

people want more though, a few cold snowy days out of 90 is not enough, even if it was notable

Well I suggest they move abroad then.

You are always going to struggle to better last winter in a normal year. We have been blessed recently with some very cold months, but that is not really the norm.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Cool, wet September. Warm, dry October. Cool, dry November.

My expectations of Autumn.

Posted

Yes looking forward to Autumn/Winter now, those cosy darker evenings and all the autumn/winter activities we can look forward to then the big one in late December. smile.png

Cannot wait! Love the darker evenings and chill in the air! smile.png

Let this thread be a haven for all us Autumn/Winter lovers!

Any memories/wishes to share?? smile.png

Edited by Polar Attack

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l

Odd's on Autumn seeing the years hottest temperature, I wouldn't bet against it

No chance, August will see the hottest

Posted

No chance, August will see the hottest

I would not be too confident with that prediction.

I have known many an August that has turned out to be a damp squib!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Last winter wasn't all that only few hours of snow and it meltetd the next morning so last winter was crap. I bet the hottest temps will be during end of sep and start of october i just hope we don't get a repete of last winter.

Posted

If the jet stream stays as far south as it currently is what impact will that have on the winter |?

Posted

If the jet stream stays as far south as it currently is what impact will that have on the winter |?

cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifexcl.pngexcl.pngexcl.pngexcl.pngexcl.pngyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

I hope that sums it up!

In all reality though, things will likely change. A miserable summer does not mean a snowfest winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Lots of autumn gales and even some thunder in there. My first taste of an October thunder storm was about a week before the Great Storm of 1987. :)

Posted

I don't know about others, but to me it felt like autumn started about seven weeks ago...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer sunshine/winter snow

Have heard conflicting reports on this winter,some say mild and some say cold.I suppose it will be what it will be

Would like to see some snow though.