Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 7th July 2012>

Coast

Posted

And for the storm lovers, I can see 2x Anvils to the East (the ones south of Sheffield) with another popping up to the SE which I guess would be the Chesterfield/Derby area. wind must be really going up there as it doesn't take long for these anvils to fan out.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Not a thing in Ipswich but it's very warm and muggy and very cloudy but bright. Wish those storms would do an about-turn. :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Darn it Net Weather Radar placing me too far west. So a direct hit going to the west of me. Going across the Dore and Totley region of Sheffield rather than Norton Lees. The active band behind will miss as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Everything interesting on the horizon seems to have dissipated

Yeah, was hoping the activity round Sheffield might start curling round back to us later but it's clear its going to head too far NW and bleed too much energy anyway....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

cell just popped up NW of lincoln on the nw radarsmile.png

but doesn't show it on rain today

http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted

Perhaps this is the year for the North Midlands/South Yorkshire? 2011 was painful in regards to how many close misses I had but this year is going much better.

Posted

cell just popped up NW of lincolnsmile.png

Thats where the one that hit Doncaster popped up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Yeah, was hoping the activity round Sheffield might start curling round back to us later but it's clear its going to head too far NW and bleed too much energy anyway....

Yep that interesting lot to the east of here is going to head too far N. God i'm sick to the back teeth of this situation now. Funny how the cells on the western flank, which were on target, dissipated! Flamin joke!

Posted

Perhaps this is the year for the North Midlands/South Yorkshire? 2011 was painful in regards to how many close misses I had but this year is going much better.

Not hard to beat zero really. So far another poor year though plenty of promise but bar one weak T storm and a Thundery shower all on the same day not a lot to show for it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Not had anymore Thunder now for around 10 mins though the rain is truly torrential as I write this.Looks like those 4 flashes and crashes could be it for here,still very dark though so who knows!!

Posted

Yep that interesting lot to the east of here is going to head too far N. God i'm sick to the back teeth of this situation now. Funny how the cells on the western flank, which were on target, dissipated! Flamin joke!

Yep. The cell on Thursday night at around 9pm just took the biscuit for us. Anything coming up from the SW gets killed by the Welsh hills and anything coming up from the Midlands/ S.Yorks area (which have had a good yield this year!) gets killed off before it hits the M6!! Any theories why are appreciated!

Posted

things getting going in lincolnshire again,maybe i will get lucky this time,everythings crossed lol

Posted

Not hard to beat zero really. So far another poor year though plenty of promise but bar one weak T storm and a Thundery shower all on the same day not a lot to show for it all.

I guess that it feels like, compared to last year, this year has been good. None of my storms have been particularly strong, but still, ANYTHING is better than last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not had anymore Thunder now for around 10 mins though the rain is truly torrential as I write this.Looks like those 4 flashes and crashes could be it for here,still very dark though so who knows!!

I lived about a mile away from you and my parents still live around there. My mum just says they have had a little storm with just one lightning flash. I need to move back down there though, i used to see loads more storms than i do up here. Problem is, i'd miss the snow :)

Posted

Well according to my Boltek all lightning has died away in the last 20 mins. A huge great tease. The lightning god is really pi55ing himself.

Posted

I lived about a mile away from you and my parents still live around there. My mum just says they have had a little storm with just one lightning flash. I need to move back down there though, i used to see loads more storms than i do up here. Problem is, i'd miss the snow smile.png

I know I'm just a little further north than there, but we usually do quite well for snow here nowadays. :)

It's going dark here again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looking interesting over the channel at the mo!!

Posted

Well according to my Boltek all lightning has died away in the last 20 mins. A huge great tease. The lightning god is really pi55ing himself.

i thought that someone had turned my radio off,it's that quietph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

I lived about a mile away from you and my parents still live around there. My mum just says they have had a little storm with just one lightning flash. I need to move back down there though, i used to see loads more storms than i do up here. Problem is, i'd miss the snow :)

The centre of the storm passed just north of here with the 4 lightning flashes being very close together.It's all gone quiet now and even the rain has stopped now.We've had more than enough snow here in the last few years so I would'nt worry about that to much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Sunshine all day here, warm and seen convection going on all day in bits and bobs. Washed the car from around 3-4pm and watched a couple of very sizeable CBs going up, then in the last half hour it has clouded over quite quickly. Looks like that line coming has steered this way, so let's hope this is better than Thursday night. Those clouds are looking increasingly dark and wet.

Edited by Chris W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Lovely day in the Lake District today, if a little humid. I can see plenty of convection going up this afternoon, but I think it's too late in the day for anything notable to get going. Still, a fairly sunny dry day is a rarity this year, and 22C has felt very nice indeed.

I bet anyone from the places which got flooded from 60mm of rain the other day can imagine what it must have been like in Newcastle last Thursday when that much fell in two hours!

Edited by Alza

Posted

Some nice towers going up again. What we need is a bit more warm sun to clearly to marginal as the storms haven't enough to keep them going. Also the wind has altered to a more easterly direction.

Posted

Sunshine all day here, warm and seen convection going on all day in bits and bobs. Washed the car from around 3-4pm and watched a couple of very sizeable CBs going up, then in the last half hour it has clouded over quite quickly. Looks like that line coming has steered this way, so let's hope this is better than Thursday night. Those clouds are looking increasingly dark and wet.

Hmmm, I think if it does reach us Chris it will have lost it's energy by then, but fingers crossed. Thursday night was just unbelieveable...you couldn't have made it up!