Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peterf

Great Yorkshire Show

just received an email saying it's looking dodgy for tuesday.the ground itself is fine but a majory worry exists regards visitor parking.

bugger! it's the highlight of our year.sorry.gif

I'm off to the show next week as well, Got a members car pass so I'm hoping to get parked near Sainsburys on the tarmac spaces. I'll have to be there early!

The latest 5 day forecast for Harrogate from the Metoffice, not good viewing atm I'm afraid.

post-9615-0-11199300-1341643432_thumb.pn

looking a tad better with tonights run but not by much.planned on the 2nd day but will go for the opening day now.

Being a permanent showfield the alleys and most tracks are surfaced so the main site will not be a mud bath.

I don't recall major problems with the parking in the past however this year will really test them especially with it being over three days.

The site says try to use public transport as some parking fields can't be used.

It may be they haven't been able to clear grass for silage or have really rutted them trying to clear it when too wet.

The show will go ahead but there may be some one-off park and ride arrangements so listen to local radio especially BBC Radio York for frequent updates while travelling.

Also the web site will give latest information

http://www.greatyorkshireshow.co.uk/html/home/

I think Wednesday may be the better day looking at the latest runs? I'm planning on the 2nd day, what a shame with this god awful weather!!! Really taking the proverbial now

i can see the site being pretty cut up by wednesday,i'm going for tuesday.

Good point, but looks like heavy rain/showers affecting the area during Tuesday so it could be miserable. I'll see how things are looking come Monday then make my decision, I'm off work Tue & Wed - Sods law Thursday will be dry and sunny!

looking at this mornings run i really fear for the show,not looking good at all.

Still planning on heading to Harrogate on Wednesday morning, Neither day will be fantastic weatherwise but Wed/Thurs looking like showers rather than persistent rainfall. Parking will be the big issue, even members parking has been reduced and I've been told to follow directions once I arrive.

post-9615-0-98169300-1341774461_thumb.pn Slight improvement on previous forecasts, not a washout, I hope!

Liam are you still going for wednesday?looks like some heavy rain overnight tuesday.

Yes I'm still going on Wednesday, got a hotel booked Tuesday night so I don't have to set of at crazy o'clock in the morning!

Got my wellies ready!!

silly o'clock start for me,and will use the park and ride.

Nearly a 3 hour journey from here to Harrogate, i'll try and get parked first but failing that i'll use the shuttle bus.

Liam,just listening to radio York.and they have just said no ticket no entry for tomorrow,bearing in mind 50% pay on the gate,we are in for a treat tomorrow.

we'll be like VIP guests lol.

Liam,just listening to radio York.and they have just said no ticket no entry for tomorrow,bearing in mind 50% pay on the gate,we are in for a treat tomorrow.

we'll be like VIP guests lol.

This is a first in the entire show history so far as I know, must be worried with rain likely today and tomorrow that it is going to get 'grim'.

just takes a couple of slips and trips,and i can see it being cancelled through health and safety issues.

well mother nature has won,show is cancelled for the year.looks like a trip to Brid and a stayover.