Members Photos - Show Yourself !

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:49, abbie123 said:

I thought I would share this photo 

IMG_0006.JPG

I tried to resist it, but I can't...Just put your Coq away, not everyone wants to see it!

• Like 1
  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As my file is to big to put on my profile this is a pic of me took last week 

Me ☺️

Hi I'm new. Here are a couple of photos of me.  

Posted Images

17 hours ago, JeffC said:

As my old fella used to say, and I keep reminding my Mrs who's 10 years younger than I, "there's many a good tune played on an old fiddle!"

nothing like a good old fiddle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, JeffC said:

and I'm nothing like a good old fiddler

my bow has an incurable bend in it these days, and my vibrato isn't what it used to be as my bridge is a little wobbly.

40 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Mine was shot off by Nazis during WWII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?‍♂️

PS: I borrowed a few of Shakey's exclamation marks...?

mine froze off in the great sleet storm of 1958

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jemma Croton said:

Exactly this. I haven’t connected with anyone in a very long time like I have with the 19yo.

He’s mature for his age... like literally this kid wears wibbleing tweed and a flat cap... not ironically. But personality wise he’s an older soul. And when I get to let my hair down I’m an immature child. We balance and just make sense (off paper).

If it wasn’t for the fact he is leaving for the army in Feb we’ve both acknowledged we would pursue it as a proper relationship with all that entail. But sadly with him being in the army and my having 3 kids, one with autism who wouldn’t cope with moving one place let alone place to place down the line... it’s just terminal. 

Age isn’t a factor in who you just click with  and who speaks to your soul

Sucks though that life gets in the way, why cant things just work out?!

But in other news..... I see you are able to browse the market again.... I have good news for you - im two 19 year olds rolled in to one! bonus!!

10 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Sucks though that life gets in the way, why cant things just work out?!

But in other news..... I see you are able to browse the market again.... I have good news for you - im two 19 year olds rolled in to one! bonus!!

Smooooth ??

I mean sure I could lie to myself that it would work but even if we survived basic training he’s then going to be posted elsewhere in the U.K... and then likely abroad. At that stage in a relationship usually a partner will go along. 

I’ve no chance of going to see him regularly wherever he is. And my kids have a wonderful relationship with their father so even if my son would cope with moving to bases etc... I could never take them away from him. 

It’s a conversation I’ve had with myself a lot but... it really just wouldn’t work. And he doesn’t see the army as an experience to do 2 years service and move on. This is his chosen career path currently. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

Smooooth ??

I mean sure I could lie to myself that it would work but even if we survived basic training he’s then going to be posted elsewhere in the U.K... and then likely abroad. At that stage in a relationship usually a partner will go along. 

I’ve no chance of going to see him regularly wherever he is. And my kids have a wonderful relationship with their father so even if my son would cope with moving to bases etc... I could never take them away from him. 

It’s a conversation I’ve had with myself a lot but... it really just wouldn’t work. And he doesn’t see the army as an experience to do 2 years service and move on. This is his chosen career path currently. 

he could get posted to Lyneham....you're sorted then, dirt cheap MQ, close by to your current location, and you'll have me as your next door neighbour.....best of all worlds....saves typing away one's thoughts in the model threads, we can shout over the garden fence...lolol

• Like 1

Can we try and keep this thread a bit classier please? It has gotten a little seedy in here of late.

It's all fun and games, I know, but please keep in mind it may be making other members a bit uncomfortable and put them off posting.

Ta.

Edited by Lauren
3 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Quite the opposite for me, it encouraged me to post without fear of being told off for daring to post something that might include 1 word thats off topic

We're in The Lounge! Off topic is kind of the main feature ☺ Look, no ones saying compliments aren't OK or jokey conversation, but we do have younger readers here and also those that find that sort of thing difficult to navigate, so in the interest of making the forum suitable for all, we have to make sure it stays somewhat appropriate.

But, admittedly, even I'm not entirely sure where the balance is on the model threads ?

Excuse my face (it was 39C). We stopped off at the worlds largest thermometer in Baker, California. We happened to be driving past it on the final day of our Californian road trip...very fitting last day!

image.thumb.png.f638f9db5bd366bcbcabb4ce900dad21.png

• Like 2
On 02/01/2019 at 13:39, mushymanrob said:

exactly... her maturity and my refusal to grow 'old' means we have enough in common for our relationship to 'work'. indeed we have outlived friends 'same age' marriages within the 13 years we have been together. although i was aware of the age difference in the early years -  we have forgotten about it now and for years its simply been invisible. i was married to a person 'my' age, ive had relationships with ladies 'my' age.. the fact that my o/h is half my age is only visible on paper! lol (or type).

im not a replacement dad, the one person she loves more then me was always her dad (passed 18 months ago) , nor am i 'the boss' or her jailor. we have seperate finances, so shes free and not tied down (i carried on paying all the household bills , mortgage etc) so if she wanted to leave, she was free to do so. this has enabled her to gain qualifications, a degree, and to backpack around the world nearly a decade ago.

I'm 31 and honestly the idea of dating anyone in their 60s is just..wow. My parents are younger than you! Each to their own though. 

4 hours ago, cheese said:

I'm 31 and honestly the idea of dating anyone in their 60s is just..wow. My parents are younger than you! Each to their own though. 

Honestly had someone said even 6 months ago I’d be with someone 15 years younger I’d have laughed.

I mean I’m 2 years younger than his exes Mum!! That’s a bit ?

He was 11 when my son was born. He was a year old when I finished school. Like so many age facts freak me tf out. Honestly.

Especilly having a some myself. Like to think of him one day with someone who is already an adult in his childhood years is somethings I wouldn’t make peace with at all. It sounds so wrong.

But you take all that away and we’re just 2 consenting adults who have an electric connection that’s on a whole other level.

Age really is just a number and the only sad thing would be to pass up something potentially amazing because you can’t get past the age issue. 

I mean... even his Mum likes me and has no issue despite my being a Mum and closer to her age than to his. Because she can see how we are I think. 

Sorry this was all about me when your response was to another, much bigger age gap but the proof is in the pudding there... together a long time and so very happy. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, cheese said:

i can understand that... and tbh i would normally agree.

i guess im lucky because i dont look 'in my 60's' , im not grey or bald,  nor am i 'old' in my outlook despite being a grumpy old man, lol.

it kinda proves that age is just a number, when people 'click' they 'click', things like age, ethnicity, sexuality, size, looks, simply dont matter because each of us 'real' self is certainly whats inside, its your character, your personality. it doesnt matter what body you inhabit, you are not your body. i would suggest that the best, longest lasting, relationships are those that ignore the carnal aspects, the physical, and are based on a spiritual connection because spiritual doesnt judge.

ps...my o/h is younger then my daughter.

Edited by mushymanrob
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

IMHO, an age gap is utterly irrelevant if two people have genuine love for each other.....More power to ya!

As long as it's legal then i can't see a problem either 

14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

As long as it's legal then i can't see a problem either 

I should've added the caveat 'as long as it's legal'!....doh!

Interesting few pages - enjoyable read and yes fully agree , age means nothing ( within the law ) 

As long as 2 people are happy - so what I say 

Hope it works out Jemma - though the Army bit is a bit tough - but enjoy the moment 

For what it's worth, I have no issue with it at all - consenting adults are free to do whatever they want, within the realms of the law of course. Age gaps can be problematic, but they can also work. Personally, I don't think I'd go any lower than 23ish or higher than 39ish right now.. but that's solely my preference, and is only a general rule, not something set in stone.

I don't think 19 to 34 is anywhere near as dramatic as 30 to 62, but it's still fairly substantial in terms of life experience and maturity levels. As a general rule I find 19 year olds immature, but there are plenty of exceptions.

My mum is 53, 54 this year. She prefers men in their 20s and 30s.. she thinks men her own age don't look after themselves, lol. My sister is 33 and does not appreciate this at all. In fact, she told our mum that she would be really upset if she ended up settling down with someone our age.. and to be honest it would be pretty odd if I ended up with a stepfather the same age as me. Still, I'd want her to be happy. Our dad has been out of the picture for a while so she deserves that.

Edited by cheese