Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

claret047

Non League Football 2012/13

What non league teams do we all support out there?

I support Chelmsford City in the BSS and I know that High Pressure is a Sutton Supporter while Saint supports St Albans City. I seem to recall there are others that support Woking and Grimsby etc but we have now lost the York City Supporter following their promotion to the Football league.

What do you think your chances are for next season in doing well in the league and in cup competitions?.

What non league teams do we all support out there?

I support Chelmsford City in the BSS and I know that High Pressure is a Sutton Supporter while Saint supports St Albans City. I seem to recall there are others that support Woking and Grimsby etc but we have now lost the York City Supporter following their promotion to the Football league.

What do you think your chances are for next season in doing well in the league and in cup competitions?.

I support a team that in the late 80s wembly was their 2nd home , now after the play offs (we took nearly 30,000 v York 7,000) its groundhog day again. .......Luton Town........

ps use to live in Woking and followed them, so that will be a interesting match, 1,500 luton fans trying to park at wokings nearby leisure centre.acute.gif

Here is to another play off and another yr in non league

Nuneaton Town FC(formerly Nuneaton Borough) just promoted to the Conference.

The old Boro wound up in 2006 and Town started in the Southern Midland division in 2007-demoted from BSN .

The new club has done very well since under the same Manager-Kevin Wilkin in gaining 3 promotions in 4 seasons.

We will do well to stay up this coming season though as i believe we have one of the smallest playing budgets and are one of only a few part time clubs in this division.

Our chairman who took on the new club in 2007 runs a tight ship and he has taken on board what has happened to the old Boro when they suffered administration through debts.

Nuneaton Town FC(formerly Nuneaton Borough) just promoted to the Conference.

The old Boro wound up in 2006 and Town started in the Southern Midland division in 2007-demoted from BSN .

The new club has done very well since under the same Manager-Kevin Wilkin in gaining 3 promotions in 4 seasons.

We will do well to stay up this coming season though as i believe we have one of the smallest playing budgets and are one of only a few part time clubs in this division.

Our chairman who took on the new club in 2007 runs a tight ship and he has taken on board what has happened to the old Boro when they suffered administration through debts.

Hello Phil,

I remember we played you in the FA cup a few years back at your ground. We played the game lunchtime on the Saturday as there was an England Game with an afternoon KO. We agreed an early KO with you and our supporters were made most welcome in your social club to watch the International match. Our game I recall ended in a draw but we lost the replay the following Monday night at Billericay where we were groundsharing at the time because of our own financial problems. We lost the replay through late goals.

I liked your ground as it was a good old fashioned type ground like the one we used to have. Does The Town still play there?

Last year we played you in a Pre Season friendly. This year our PSF with a BSN team is against Boston Utd.

Hello High Pressure

There is a lot of discussion on our message board re Kezie Ibe as to whether he has joined Sutton or not. Do you have any news on this?

Kind Regards

Dave

Hello Phil,

I remember we played you in the FA cup a few years back at your ground. We played the game lunchtime on the Saturday as there was an England Game with an afternoon KO. We agreed an early KO with you and our supporters were made most welcome in your social club to watch the International match. Our game I recall ended in a draw but we lost the replay the following Monday night at Billericay where we were groundsharing at the time because of our own financial problems. We lost the replay through late goals.

I liked your ground as it was a good old fashioned type ground like the one we used to have. Does The Town still play there?

Last year we played you in a Pre Season friendly. This year our PSF with a BSN team is against Boston Utd.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes we have moved from the old ground,that was Manor Park.I have some great memories of past FA cup exploits going back to the 50`s there.

It`s got houses and flats on there now.

We are now at Liberty Way a new ground across the other side of Nuneaton and we are next to the Nuns(rugby Club).

Her`s a link to the website.

http://www.nuneatontownfc.com/

I noticed they havent changed our status from BSN yet,lol.

Anyway good luck to your team next season-i know we have a battle on our hands so i got everything crossed!.

Comes around quickly doesn't it! Although this is the longest close season I have ever had given our last match was on Easter Monday (9 April)

and the opening friendly is this coming Saturday, so a full 3 months break.

As some will know I support Westbury United who play in Toolstation League Division One. apparantly all of last season's squad are still with us

and a few new signings are likely (hopefully an experienced midfielder and striker!!). I'd settle for this being a further consolidating season with

a mid table finish and a decent run in any cup.

Amusingly I will have an away match closer to home than any home matches, due to Warminster Town being accepted into the Western League

having played in the Wessex League in recent years. I live just 5 minutes walk from Warminster's ground after moving here from Westbury 3 years

ago.

Comes around quickly doesn't it! Although this is the longest close season I have ever had given our last match was on Easter Monday (9 April)

and the opening friendly is this coming Saturday, so a full 3 months break.

As some will know I support Westbury United who play in Toolstation League Division One. apparantly all of last season's squad are still with us

and a few new signings are likely (hopefully an experienced midfielder and striker!!). I'd settle for this being a further consolidating season with

a mid table finish and a decent run in any cup.

Amusingly I will have an away match closer to home than any home matches, due to Warminster Town being accepted into the Western League

having played in the Wessex League in recent years. I live just 5 minutes walk from Warminster's ground after moving here from Westbury 3 years

ago.

Hello Andy,

We have an away trip to Truro in the league on a Saturday in January. We and Dover are the furthest away of the teams that will be travelling to their ground. I know it is difficult to arrange fixtures and please all the clubs all of the time but I can imagine the team will have to travel down the previous day and stay overnight only to find the weather conditions deteriorate and the game is called off. it would have been more helpful to have the game in say mid September when the holiday traffic would not be as bad and the weather should (hopefully but knowing this year perhaps not!) be OK

With Truro's current financial problems there is uncertainty whether they will make it through to the end of the season. Knowing our luck we will play them away and then they fold up so that the result would be expunged from the league table.

Kind regards

Dave

Hello High Pressure

There is a lot of discussion on our message board re Kezie Ibe as to whether he has joined Sutton or not. Do you have any news on this?

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave

I have known for about 4 or 5 weeks that Kezie Ibe was probably signing for us along with a couple of others. I have been itching to tell who is joining but I am sworn to secrecy until the players actually sign their contracts. Eastleigh nearly got themselves in trouble with their signing of Dale Binns, announcing it before he had actually signed for them. Today is first day back at training and our club secretary is taking the day off to get the signatures so by tonight they will be announced.

I expect the league will be very competitive this season with Dover and especially Eastleigh (my tip for the title) upping the anti. Then you have us, you, Welling and Basingstoke make that 6 in with a shout before we start?

Looking forward to seeing proper football again, just 2 weeks before we kick off against Leyton Orient.

Mighty mighty Wrexham!!!

Stewfox - Luton Scumbag! You always ruin our end of season party! blum.gifblum.gifrofl.gifacute.gif

I saw Luton thrash Arsenal 3-2 1988 League Cup Final at wembly, over 80,000 there.

I sooooo look forward to us going to Hyde this season, I hope Bert the 94yr old groundsmen remembers to open up cray.gif .We haven't partied for 25 years

I saw Luton thrash Arsenal 3-2 1988 League Cup Final at wembly, over 80,000 there.

I sooooo look forward to us going to Hyde this season, I hope Bert the 94yr old groundsmen remembers to open up cray.gif .We haven't partied for 25 years

Yep.......Hyde, erm how depressing!

At least there are a few decent ex league clubs down here with us now! Makes it all the harder to escape this dump though!

Yep.......Hyde, erm how depressing!

At least there are a few decent ex league clubs down here with us now! Makes it all the harder to escape this dump though!

Hello Polar Attack- what non-league team do you support?

regards

Dave