Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Summer Sun

British Grand Prix Weather

This weekend see's the British Grand Prix taking place at Sliverstone in Northamptonshire and at the early stage its looking wet with low pressure refusing to leave

Friday Practice

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Saturday Practice and Qualifying

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Sunday Race day

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

At this early stage it is going to be a wet race and it could well be one of the coolest of the year so far with Air temps peaking at just 17c

This weekend see's the British Grand Prix taking place at Sliverstone in Northamptonshire and at the early stage its looking wet with low pressure refusing to leave

Friday Practice

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Saturday Practice and Qualifying

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Sunday Race day

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

ukprec.png

ukmaxtemp.png

At this early stage it is going to be a wet race and it could well be one of the coolest of the year so far with Air temps peaking at just 17c

just seen our local weather up to Friday its cold wet and horrible , just hope the teams have plenty of wet/monsoon tyres for the weekend just might need them

just seen our local weather up to Friday its cold wet and horrible , just hope the teams have plenty of wet/monsoon tyres for the weekend just might need them

Yep this race could be like canada in 2011 only not as bad but at this rate they'll be using lots of intermediate and full wet tyres

Silverstone have issued an emergency wet weather plan........for the campsite !

Current Status:

AMBER

Silverstone Woodlands Weather Warning System:

Silverstone Woodlands Campsite is introducing a weather warning system, allowing campers to check the state-of-play with regards to operation of the Campsite Wet Weather Plan. This can be viewed online and will be updated prior to the event to notify campers of any changes to Campsite operations.

http://www.silversto...wet-weather-f1/

Silverstone have issued an emergency wet weather plan........for the campsite !

Current Status:

AMBER

Silverstone Woodlands Weather Warning System:

Silverstone Woodlands Campsite is introducing a weather warning system, allowing campers to check the state-of-play with regards to operation of the Campsite Wet Weather Plan. This can be viewed online and will be updated prior to the event to notify campers of any changes to Campsite operations.

http://www.silversto...wet-weather-f1/

with the forecast as it is going to get a lot worse at the end of the week

Anyone interested in this should also subscribe to Ian Fergusson's twitter @fergieweather

this what it could look like on sunday!!

Looks like its going to be an "interesting" race to say the least. ;)

Believe me, you don't want to go anywhere near Silverstone if it is going to be like was here on the Isle of Wight during the Pop festival this year. Get as close as you can, find some free parking on a hard-standing and walk or bus in. Use a disposable tent and check somebody hasn't used it as a toilet before you climb into that soggy sleeping bag (it happened here this year - OMG !). We actually did not have that much rain, it's amazing what happens even on soft ground when hundreds of cars try to get around on grass.

I'm so pleased I'm not camping there, got a nice warm hotel to go to on the Saturday night.

I'm really excited about the weather forecast, I wanted to see some wet and some dry running for my first ever F1 race, and it looks like I might get my wish.

I just hope it's not bad enough to start under a safety car.

We now have a forecast and weather radar online for the British Grand Prix:

http://goo.gl/IfiIG

Is this page available on a mobile.

just seen that there possible flooding on Sunday due to thunderstorms that should make things interesting to say the least!!

GFS stacking the race up for some rain, possibly heavy:

102_4.gif

108_4.gif

Enough to stop the race?

114_4.gif

I reckon that the car parks could be a nightmare, but lets hope the race goes the full distance!

Problem with rain (too much) is the race simply will not get going.

It could be an epic like Canada last year, or it could be pants!

EMERGENCY WET WEATHER PLAN - F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2012

Current Status:

RED

people better bring a boat!!

this is the Sunday forecast at the moment should make things interesting with the drivers who love monsoon weather!!

this is the Sunday forecast at the moment should make things interesting with the drivers who love monsoon weather!!

more like "who love driving behind the safety car".

Is this page available on a mobile.

Yes, should work fine on mobile phones.

I can't find record of an F! race ever being cancelled completely because of the weather, but Wiki has two recent events marred by the rain:

In the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix of Formula One, rain before the race wet the circuit. 30 minutes into the race, a heavy rainstorm hit the circuit and the race was red-flagged, the rain didn't stop and the event was delayed for more than 2 hours, the race was finished for its 70 laps and was the longest race in Formula One history.

At the Formula One's 2009 Malaysian Grand Prix, a rainstorm was predicted to hit the half of the race, of 56 laps, however, at the start of the race the weather was sunny with large black clouds in the distance. By lap 19 it began to rain. Some drivers entered the pits for wet tyres as the rain was falling hard. By lap 28 the rain was torrential and the safety car was deployed, several cars were out due to spins or crash. The rain became worse and the race was red-flagged on lap 33. Once the rain had ceased, it was deemed too late and dark to continue and the race was stopped. Some drivers and spectators protested the race organizer's decision but no action was taken.

http://en.wikipedia....rts

post-6667-0-09026800-1341400062_thumb.jp

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wira;

Raining over the British summer

Rain forecast for all three days at Silverstone

Rain could have an impact on this year's British Grand Prix, with showers forecast in the Northamptonshire area on all three days. Last year's race started in damp conditions and in 2008 Lewis Hamilton took his only victory on home soil to date at a very wet Silverstone circuit.

Showers are forecast throughout Friday's practice sessions, although the worst of them will arrive in the evening, with conditions threatening to turn thundery. Temperatures will peak at around 20c. Saturday will see further light showers as temperatures struggle to reach the high teens, which could impact on anyone attempting to run slick tyres on a damp track.

Rain will remain in the area on Sunday, however, any showers should be very light, with temperatures reaching 17c

http://www1.skysport...-British-summer