Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather Storm Chasers

Paul

Posted

If you get out and about chasing storms in the UK, there is now the opportunity to join the Netweather Community Storm Chase Team. Those who are within the team will have the option to use our live streaming system (we'll stream your chases on Netweather, but there will also be an option to place the player on your own site too).

You will also be able to upload your footage to the Netweather video system which will in turn pay you a percentage of any advertising revenue made from your video.

Additionally, storm chase team members will also be eligible for a 20% discount on subscriptions to Netweather Extra for access to the radar, ATD lightning, NMM model etc. (You will need to be actively chasing storms, sharing footage etc to be eligible for this).

For those regularly videoing footage there is also the option to join our media partner scheme.

If you're interested in joining the stormchase team, please let me know either in this thread or via pm.

Cheers

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'll be up for a bit of that Paul good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

And me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I would be interested in this too. I loved my chase last Thursday and definitely want to get out more from now on.

If I manage to get a job any time soon then it might become more difficult, unless I get the Civil Service job I'm being interviewed for tomorrow which has flexi-time.

Already got myself a car sticker on the way but I'm not one for attracting attention to myself so I'm not sure if I'll actually put it in the car lol.

post-3392-0-49288000-1341308607_thumb.jp

I was thinking Paul you could maybe get some Netweather storm chaser stickers done for anyone who gets involved.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

I was thinking Paul you could maybe get some Netweather storm chaser stickers done for anyone who gets involved.

Not a bad idea Mark, who did you use for your sticker?

and good luck with the interview.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Not a bad idea Mark, who did you use for your sticker?

and good luck with the interview.

Thanks Ian.

I made it myself in Photoshop, and getting it printed by this person on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_634wt_1037

EDIT: I didn't actually make the symbols, I got the cloud, the lightning and the tornado from Google images, and just tweaked them a bit and added colour.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Morning everyone

Im up for it, count me ingood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

I've got a keen interest in weather and particularly storm photography. Would definitely be up for this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I am IN

Paul will try and get some chase footage edited and uploaded at somepoint from T2, been shockingly busy work wise since I got back!

Posted

Looking like some storms about during the next couple of days - today poss Nth Wales, Nthern England and tomorrow southern England. If anyone is out and about drop me a line if you'd like to share your footage with us :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

I would love to but with no full driving licence as of yet...I cant but I will let you know the moment I get it..

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

We're about ready to roll with the storm chasing and media partner roles - if you're interested and are likely to be able to upload video or stream live (using our system which we'll help you setup), then please do drop me a line via pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

ill have a bash at that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

looking hot and dry for SE Sunday at the mo. Small chance for a discreet cell, one to keep an eye on

I'm very interested in weather, I'm always watching Storm Chasers (American one).

I'm only 16 but one day I hope to go to America for the Tornado season; is it called?

I'm studying Geography and History, along with IT at College, when I'm older I want to go into a Geography related career, Storm Chasing sounds like the perfect hobby for me.

The question is, in the UK we don't really get many violent storms.

So is it actually possible to do it in the UK? If so that would be cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I have been storm chasing since 2004 so this is my ninth year. Since then I have gone from using an old radio to detect sferics and luck of the drawer/guesswork to taking with me a laptop and netweather 5 minute radar on the move :)

Although nothing like the magnitude of US storms, we do get decent storms on occasion here. Over the years I have seen some great storms but also many disappointments. It can lead to spending lots of money on petrol to see nothing... tomorrow could be one of those situations. But, you either go for it and take the risk or sit at home, potentially miss it all and end up feeling depressed that they dont come to you. If you read it really wrong though, you can drive out to see the storms and find that they come over your house whilst you sit in clear blue skies and sunshine!

Biggest problem in this country is traffic, there is so much. My advice if you are chasing, avoid cities.... you can spend an hour getting through one by which time your storm is 50 miles away. Even better advice is to get a good idea of where things are going to happen before they do (although this can be hard in the uk) and be in position ready for those storms to come along.

Onto tomorrow, I am heading out chasing and targetting the East Midlands/Lincolnshire. Tomorrow could be a cap bust, and thats a risk I will take because if a storm does fire then it could be intense. Reason for this area is because I think the cap will break across the Midlands and storms will organise, spread NE and give the East Midlands and then Lincolnshire a good show tomorrow evening.