Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 30/06/2012

Posted

Interesting!

Having read some posters on here earlier today one would've thought the hot weather was a "blip" - if these charts verify in the coming days it'll be the wet weekend breakdown that could be the "blip"!

I currently see no evidence to suggest this brief hot spell (for some, certainly not all) is nothing other than a blip BB. What are you seeing to the contrary??

Posted

A good presentation by Nick Miller just now which highlights the uncertainty for the end of the week.

The miracle dry gap just looks a possibility for the Opening Ceremony, what could happen is that we see some thunderstorms moving out of France, however the front to the nw begins to approach,

Slack winds then turn more nw steering any showers back to the Channel, there should be a drier slot between those bands of weather, volia we have a dry opening ceremony!

Thats the plan anyway!

I think its a case of keeping everything crossed, certainly its more nailbiting than many of those possible winter snow scenarios that we see developing!

The rest of the week I will spend chasing the miracle dry gap!

Posted

I think its a case of keeping everything crossed, certainly its more nailbiting than many of those possible winter snow scenarios that we see developing!

Different season,same old shortwave drama!

The GEM looks very olympic opening ceremony un-friendly.

http://modeles.meteo...2/gem-0-126.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

A good presentation by Nick Miller just now which highlights the uncertainty for the end of the week.

The miracle dry gap just looks a possibility for the Opening Ceremony, what could happen is that we see some thunderstorms moving out of France, however the front to the nw begins to approach,

Slack winds then turn more nw steering any showers back to the Channel, there should be a drier slot between those bands of weather, volia we have a dry opening ceremony!

Thats the plan anyway!

Any predip forecast for Friday is open to great debate! Im sure there will be torrenntial downpours at some point and some place but a lot of fine tunning in the next few days.......sorry.gifrofl.gifgood.gif

Posted

Different season,same old shortwave drama!

The GEM looks very olympic opening ceremony un-friendly.

http://modeles.meteo...2/gem-0-126.png

?? That set up would keep the warmth even heat going if it came off. WIth the low drifting away slowly W or SW.

But of course its the GEM, which is not to be taken seriously most of the time. ;)

Posted

Any predip forecast for Friday is open to great debate! Im sure there will be torrenntial downpours at some point and some place but a lot of fine tunning in the next few days.......sorry.gifrofl.gifgood.gif

BBC site that the MO provide data for is calling for 32oC on Friday and Showers.. That will be very uncomfortable..

Posted

I currently see no evidence to suggest this brief hot spell (for some, certainly not all) is nothing other than a blip BB. What are you seeing to the contrary??

I'm seeing uncertainty beyond next weekend - and if i was a betting manrolleyes.gif i'd go for a mix of sunny, warm days and showery days for next week - meanwhile looks like we'll have a week of warm and sunny weather (certainly here anyway).

A vast improvement on June and early July - and more typical of a British Summer

P.S. I never expect more than a few days of clear blue skies and warmth(Heat) in the UK.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

New thread coming soon.

Posted

Interesting countryfile forecast - suggesting a bit of uncertainty by the time we reach Friday as we begin to see a breakdown both from the NW in the form of a developing shortwave feature and from the south in the shape of lowering heights and therefore potential for a thundery breakdown in the SE whilst in the meantime the front which will have languished in situ for 4 days will be reinvigorated over northern central regions.

From an imby perspective, Cumbria is definately going to pull the short straw in the next 4 days, with barely a glimmer of sunshine, and after a possible 48 hour spell of moderate rain, we have lovely low cloud drizzly murk to look forward too before the front reenergies again and produces moderate rain.. leading into another cool and this time showery weekend. Conditions in the Lake District are likely to be a world away from London in the next few days - spare a thought for the holidaymakers..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

New thread here :

Closing this one now.