Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted

Wow,

12pm Radar looks much better defined again, People be on the look out between Newark and Grantham!

When i mean "something" i mean. Surely there must of been some visible rotation at least?

I certainly dont mean visible tornado on the ground... i fyou know what i mean lol ?

Yh know what you mean exactly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

afternoon all, big let down here in the S/W, we have sunshine 25c hum 61% dew 17, is anything going to go bang down here??

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

A couple of heavy showers have suddenly sprung up to the south of here. Looking out from the café at work and it looks pretty dark towards the transporter bridge. I'm having a meeting in the cafe in 10 minutes so should get a great view of any electrical activity (keeps fingers crossed!) The cell leaving Manchester heading up this way is looking good, too :)

Hopefully I'll have something to report in an hour or so, when I'm back on my office computer :D

Posted

Wow RAF Waddington and all the crowd at the arrivals day are going to get hit rather soon!

Im there tomorrow lol

Posted

Just had a torrential thundery downpour here in Telford, first of the day, no lightning though and brightening up now!

Posted

Unconfirmed report of a Tornado near Hinckley (Leicestershire) Trying to get more details

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Just had a torrential thundery downpour here in Telford, first of the day, no lightning though and brightening up now!

First time for everything

Posted

ok... I've just got a text from my grandparents, who live 4 miles away from here:

Hammock blown across garden, branches off trees, lots of flowers damaged and heavy stone bird bath on its side.

I'm half tempted to go and have a look - sounds like a particularly nasty gust though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

So , Its still MILES! away from landfall. Not over the country already like someone else said?

Posted

First time for everything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Few distant rumbles n now the sun is back out.

Posted

Wow RAF Waddington and all the crowd at the arrivals day are going to get hit rather soon!

Im there tomorrow lol

Ditto, at least the storms are for today and not for the weekend, just got to be cautious about the state of the land at Barn Farm given i'll be camping there for 2 nights, Its not much fun sleeping on watersoaked ground overnight.

Posted

So , Its still MILES! away from landfall. Not over the country already like someone else said?

I did, it's fresher and cooler in south- west Wales, I would say that no storms likely now south of Gloucester due to the cold front starting to enter the SW Midlands.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

afternoon all, big let down here in the S/W, we have sunshine 25c hum 61% dew 17, is anything going to go bang down here??

fromey

Unfortunately, I don't think anything is forecast to develop down here for the rest of the day as the cold front has pushed/is pushing past us right now.

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Unconfirmed report of a Tornado near Hinckley (Leicestershire) Trying to get more details

I'm keeping an eye on Twitter for reports, apparently reported tornado in Coven, Staffs.

Been watching the skies to my south and west very closely but couldn't really spot any rotation, just clouds moving in opposite directions.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

The thunder has just started now with a few spots of rain. Here she comes.

Its actually rather cool at 17.9C, much less than forecast, but the humidity is 89%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Ok this is mad, powerful sferics swamping everything on medium wave. If that's from the storm cluster in north wales then its averaging about 100 strikes per minute by the sound of it. If that's heading for me then i'm in for a treat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Heavy shower underway here - it got here quickly! Off to meeting now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I did, it's fresher and cooler in south- west Wales, I would say that no storms likely now south of Gloucester due to the cold front starting to enter the SW Midlands.

Ill be glad when the cooler air gets here. I dont do humid unless it thunders :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm keeping an eye on Twitter for reports, apparently reported tornado in Coven, Staffs.

Been watching the skies to my south and west very closely but couldn't really spot any rotation, just clouds moving in opposite directions.

Holy smokes Mark...that's 2 miles from me!!!!!

distant thunder hear currently from cell near Telford

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Just had a look on the radar and theres quite a bit of healthy activity to the west of us currently out in the Irish Sea. Anyone know if this is likely to make landfall. Got a horrible feeling its sneaking NE of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Showers really getting going near here now, i think this could be a day to remember it just feels so thundery outside. Also clouds seem to be moving in different directions any idea why anyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Ok this is mad, powerful sferics swamping everything on medium wave. If that's from the storm cluster in north wales then its averaging about 100 strikes per minute by the sound of it. If that's heading for me then i'm in for a treat

Is that the activity out in the Irish Sea at the moment?