Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted

Nottingham should be getting some action soon. Frequent lighting, thunder and hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

yep plenty going on the torch relay coverage, big flashes, people screeming when it does, thunder... and the runners are getting drenshed!

If i miss out today, its a nice second best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Not sure i'd want to be running around holding a metallic torch in the middle of a +44/min strike thunderstorm.

Olympic Torched!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Interesting radar signature just to the South of Keyworth on the A606 west of Melton Mobray, looks like it's tightening up there, if it's become Sbased might become tornadic?

Posted

Not sure i'd want to be running around holding a metallic torch in the middle of a +44/min strike thunderstorm.

I agree, I presume the relay team are fully aware of what is about to arrive?

Posted

Knocked the relay on the head now because of the storm... wonder if thats happened so far this summer else where?

Posted

Easing here now.... Is there more to come????

Posted

Strange there off again in the storm, lots of watches being looked at and shaking of heads as they had not time for this delay...

Posted

I agree, I presume the relay team are fully aware of what is about to arrive?

Well there running with it again, madness..or just showing off what the British weather has to offer lol.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

For real?!?! Will that be something that develops later as the cold front pushes through? Because a lot of the storms developing seem to be going just north of here.

I doubt it, but you still have a chance of a thunderstorm they seem to be gradually tracking more to the east towards Warwick and then Coventry give it an hour. Tornadoes extremely difficult to predict and one could crop up anywhere with a region having all the right ingredients in place.

Posted

Well thats a second storm heading just south and east of us here today, and looking to hit Telford this time..

When your lucks out your lucks out..

Posted

I doubt it, but you still have a chance of a thunderstorm they seem to be gradually tracking more to the east towards Warwick and then Coventry give it an hour. Tornadoes extremely difficult to predict and one could crop up anywhere with a region having all the right ingredients in place.

Yeah im still slightly sceptical to getting thunderstorms seems the general track they're psuhing is more NW towards Brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

**Any spotters on here in the area around Grantham/Newark??.....very interesting radar signature from the storm heading your way...need confirmation that it's now surface based as could well be developing tornadic supercellular characteristics......**

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

rain doesn't look as intense on them as that earlier one

Yeah im still slightly sceptical to getting thunderstorms seems the general track they're psuhing is more NW towards Brum.

it's touch and go I think

Posted

Well, narrowly missed the early storm this morning, had a few flashes, one hitting in my cousins front garden in Broseley according to him. A smaller storm just to my SW heading more directly this time, loads of scud in all directions. Just heard a rumble I think.

Posted

Thats an absolute beast just to the south-west of here and heading this way. Its not often I get excited as they're usually a damb squib in this country, but that looks huge.

Posted

Tipping it down here in birmingham (colmore row) - roads are flooding and cracking rumbles of thunder :) what a day to come from Surrey to my HQ :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Managed to get the narrowest part of the storm here in Nottingham, and there wasn't actually that many bright close flashes. Some thunder but nothing too loud.

The best part passed here to the East, and I can still hear it booming now.

Not very photogenic, but I've started a timelapse now as the cloud movement is interesting.

Got my eye on the next one over Birmingham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Starting here again now, round 2 is go!